DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year(s) 2.7 had embossed valve covers? Just purchased a 2003 Intrepid with 127k and the engine was replaced in 2009.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
good question,,, I had a 2000 2.7 and dont remember a thing on them,, and I know , most if not all cloud cars that used the 2.7 had them, hopefully somebody will chime in,, welcome

·
Premium Member
17,327 Posts
If it helps, according to the parts pdf's, the valve cover P/N's are the same for '98 thru '00: 4663704AC right, 4663703AC left; changed to 4663704AB and 4663703AB in '01 thru '04. Not sure if the embossing was changed or not at that change. Hmm - that's weird - the suffix rolled backwards from AC to AB - never seen that before.

They've all superceded to 4892053AB and 4892043AB.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input...I bought the car with what sounds like a lifter ticking. I have done some research and this problem could be the timing chain guides and the self adjuster going bad. I have had good luck with the 03 engine and have owned it since new (Daughter totaled the wifes 03 concorde).

Just trying to figure out if the 03 Intrepid had an old 2.7. Fear of sludge

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im in the process of buying a 2004 intrepid and taking parts off my 2002 but i dont know how to remove the Passenger Front Quarter Panel and Passenger door im new to this site and i barely figured out how to do this so anyone that can point me in the right direction it would be greatly apreciated

·
Registered
738 Posts
Fender's are a complete cluster #$%@!...

Bolts behind the head light, bolts along the top, bolts under the plastic skirting.

Go here, download the service manual, it'll tell you EVERYTHING for the car, this is the bible if you will for an LH. When you take your car to the Dealer to do work, and they are stupid, they use this: http://www.mediafire.com/?l2kgdte3tu46ior

It's a PDF format file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts