DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I havent been around in a while...I hope all is well. I have been shopping around for a Bike and here is :)

Well I picked up a 96 Kawi ZX6R today.

Pretty well all stock.
Gonna get rid of the ugly pink and purple Ninja stickers tho!(Already gone)
Got a decent deal 2700 CANADIAN with a stand and manual.

Jay

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I like it, like I told you over MSN, but be careful. Have fun but don't ride dangerously. Get a nice padded jacket that has the back bracing and a quality helmet. Don't ride without the helmet or i'll kick your ass. Have fun!

Josiah

·
Registered
537 Posts
That looks in amazing condition. Nice ride. Question for you. I have been thinking about doing m lisence and since I also live in Ontario, what is the process for our stupid graduating lisencing? Cause like the car takes awhile, how long does it take to get your complete M??? Thanks.

·
Registered
715 Posts
yeah looks like its in excellent condition!!! Way to join the Kawi Ninja brother hood!! Its definatly a nice bike!! I have always been a fan of those years. To me thats what a rocket is, with the big can/pipe hanging off the side of the bike!! Is this your first bike? how long have you been riding?

Im sure you know what the Modding bug can do to ones emotion, well riding is far worse. once its in your blood there is very little chance to get it out, and its alot cheaper to go for a ride, than it is to modd a car.

and remember to keep at least one tired touching at all times!!! LOL
and being one to never miss the chance to show off my baby, here she is again!!! (well both of my baby's!!!)

(picture taken, after i road in a snow storm, on the freeway for 20 or so minutes, this past weekend, i thought i had it parked for winter!! LOL probably be out again this weekend!!)

[/end highjack]

Once again Congrats on the new bike, im sure youll love it!!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Danimal217 said:
...and its alot cheaper to go for a ride, than it is to modd a car.

Once again Congrats on the new bike, im sure youll love it!!!
Actually, you're DEAD wrong on that one.

The cheapest part about owning a bike is the purchase price. Insurance will be more than the price of the bike every single year, no question. I wouldn't mind owning a bike like that, but insurance would KILL me.

.........and oh yeah, helmets are required by law in Ontario. I was shocked last time I was in Chicago and saw bikers riding around without helmets.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Avenger said:
Actually, you're DEAD wrong on that one.

The cheapest part about owning a bike is the purchase price. Insurance will be more than the price of the bike every single year, no question. I wouldn't mind owning a bike like that, but insurance would KILL me.

.........and oh yeah, helmets are required by law in Ontario. I was shocked last time I was in Chicago and saw bikers riding around without helmets.
My insurance is only 360 annual. Iowa is the only state now that doesnt require a helmet. I have a "half" helmet i wear (most of the time) but my dad and step-dad both dont even own a helmet. Some people you just cant change I guess.

·
Registered
715 Posts
micholob said:
My insurance is only 360 annual
and mines less than that... i want to say 310 annual (3 months storage)

yeah in the States insurance in rather cheap...where as they are in Canada, (if i remember talking to Rob in the International meet) he said the insurance is redickulas!! even to own a 250 ninja!!

as far as saying the insurance is expensive i meant that as in you also have to pay for insurance on a car, and i dont consider that as an expense (yes i know it is) because you have to pay that in order to drive it/use it. Where as Modding is an expense. thats all.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
south carolina doesnt require a helment if your over 21

·
Registered
300 Posts
Same with Florida.

Actually, you don't even need bike insurance here. The way I see it: "Damn, I totaled my bike, good thing I have insurance!" does not happen very often...

But it does help if you get into a *minor* accident. Anything else you probably won't be around for...

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
south carolina doesnt require a helment if your over 21

Ohio doesn't either if I am not mistaken. You don't have to 21 either. You just have to have something that covers your eyes (Sunglasses etc.)

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Have you ever had a bike before?
Ride like you are INVISIBLE!!!
Cars can't/won't see you!
REMEMBER THAT!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts