DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went from my friend's house and was crusing back home on a 3 lane boulevard... I see this Chevrolet Lumina pass by.. and I noticed he had fun going pretty fast so I decided to follow him... Finally he got caught by a red light and the lane next to him was free... I was expecting a race but wasnt sure so I dropped it in autostick anyway.. I was scratching my head looking forward... and then I look at his car... His gf was staring at me... the light turns green and he floors it... obviousely I was ready ! Floored it too... in ~1 second I matched his speed and started gaining on him... after about 3-4 seconds i already had 2-2.5 lengths on him... Another red light is coming up.. and he now is in the middle lane, I'm in the left lane and there is a car in my lane... he quickly switches to the right lane to make room for me.... by the time i stopped and had the time to look at him , light turns green and we go at it again... this time He kept it floored ... I had about 5 lengths on him and was going about 140 km/h when i let off the gas...changed lane to the left( wanted to turn left soon... ) he had to blow the red light to get a chance to fly by me... I then decided to follow him to smoke him for a 3rd time... he turned left like 2 streets after he noticed I was following him( turned left in a small street... )didn't want to race in there so I said screw it did an U-turn and got back on my way home... So yeah this is my story... Brand new 2.7 ES with autostick I got this morning kicking ass straight out of the box.car is now at about 79 3xx.. was at 79 1xx when I got it this afternoon... Oh and the chevy lumina was the latest model(95-01 I belive) .

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
congrats on the kill. 1st day and already smokin them.

I wonder what engine was in the lumina and how kept up it was.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
Paratrepper said:
I was talking about the quad 4. I thought it only came as a 2.3
the last few years of the quad 4 they were 2.4's,, and just as crappy as the early ones

·
Registered
368 Posts
intrepid.luvah said:
Well the guy was so sure he was gonna smoke me... he even made room for me to be able to race him LoL !
At least he was a sport and made space for you, vs. jamming you where you lost your lane. If you're going to do high risk behavior, it's best that both you and your competitor play by some basic ground rules including lane courtesy.
The Lumina was most likely a 3.1. Some ran OK and were geared tighter (e.g. 3.29 vs. 3.05 or 2.86 final drive) than the GM 3.4 or 3.8, depending on the platform.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts