DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think they might offer a discount for a group buy? Also do these fit first gen Intrepids? There's one in town that looks good if I can get there before it sells like that last three I was interested in.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
3k @ 70mph? Yikes! I thought the MSRT at 2500 rpm @75mph was high.

I'll pass on this one!

Ron...did you have to do anything to the electronics when you installed the gears or is the PCM happy with them as is?

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
$95 for the gear set, $1800 for the speed converter, but not available separately.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Model year specific? aka 1998-2001/2002-2004? Something that just fools the input to the TCM if they're separate or the PCM if it's a combined SBEC unit?

Is splicing wiring involved or is a plug-n-pray deal?

I'm guessing it's something fooling the input/output speed sensors on the trans axle?

How hard was the "box" install? Just trying to get details for the rest of the people that might want to contemplate this. Seeing as how you've done it already you would be an excellent source of advice.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Almost $2k for the gear set+converter box? Whoa! I'll definitely pass!

That's almost more money than the Ricer is worth!

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
The gear set comes with everything for the install. the "box " has to have power, ground and is spliced into the speed input to the TCM. The "box" has several dip switches that used to calibrate the speedo.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Do you think they might offer a discount for a group buy? Also do these fit first gen Intrepids? There's one in town that looks good if I can get there before it sells like that last three I was interested in.
Group buy, you could always ask but I bet a group buy would be 5-10 sets at least. They are made to fit the 42LE tranny.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Was asking those questions for others that might contemplate this purchase. I'm out.

If it were around 1/4 the asking price then it would be reasonable. I understand this is focused on the Prowler guys which is a tiny market to begin with but it flows over into the LH 3.5 market as well. I guess the Prowler guys have money to "Burn". I don't.

Thanks for replying to my questions and I hope that clears things up for this mod for others that are contemplating it.

Understand that many people would like a nice performance upgrade but don't have a large "Expendable" budget like the Prowler Peeps seem to have. For many of us this out of reach.

Good luck with a Group Buy. Maybe that'll bring it down 10%.

Thanks Ron.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts