DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally took the leap and got new wheels - American Eagle Alloys - I think they are Thrusters.

Took my first free weekend after a trip to visit family to finally clean out the car, hand wash it, and then I got a before shot or two...

Last time she'll look like that!

More to come!

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But, alas - this is North Dakota, and this is winter... why waste these nice new wheels on winter salt, sand, and danger?

So, I also sourced some winter wheels.

You can see my parts car in the background, now wearing the gold drunken starfish.

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The old drunken stars were wrapped in two random nearly bald tires that the car came with when I bought it (they weren't bald when I bought the car, I've just worn them down). The rears were two Firestone FR380 - and honestly, are still very good tires... but -

The new American Eagles are wrapped in Cooper tires. Three of them Lifeliner CLE, but the fourth was damaged in a curb check, and was replaced by a Cooper CS4 (98T). The CLEs have about 5/32nd left, and the CS4 has about 7/32. I'm going to keep them as they are for this summer, and next summer I will replace them with something new before re-installing them...

For winter duty, I'm running a full matching set of Supera (I think?) tires. They are a set of base 15" steel wheels. I will finish out this winter with these tires, and over the summer, I will swap onto the 15" rims a matching set of Bizzaks for full on winter duty next year.

Come on spring! I wanna turn my new American Eagles!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Those look pretty good. Got a close up of a single wheel?

Seen a lot of low budget 16"-17"-18" and worse wheels. Usually the crap wheels are sold in the ghetto and they definitely show it!

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's what I've got for now, Ron. One wheel was clean, the others not so much - this was just a spray on and wait then rinse cleaning - I haven't done anything to them to really polish them - I need to (now that I have a wheel worth cleaning) learn how to properly clean and polish them.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
These weren't new wheels? If so then looking really good!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
I just spray my wheels with Griot's wheel cleaner...wait a few minutes and then hose the **** out of them in the power wash bay!

Probably explains why the paint is peeling on the original Special wheels!

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, not new - Actually they once adorned an Eagle Vision - I like how that worked, because the center caps are embossed with the word "Eagle". The guy I bought them from delivered them to me from about 2-1/2 hours away, and was selling them for his brother-in-law. I don't know why the Eagle was sold, but he kept the wheels to sell separately. All center caps were included, along with newer lug nuts than what I have - don't know if I'll use them or not, but I took them since he offered them.

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up using ToonBrite Aluminum hull and wheel cleaner - was listed as good on wheels, so I tried it... it did a great job of dissolving the scum and gunk, but didn't make them sparkle at all.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Nice looking wheels and I agree I like these cars in Red, unfortunately none have been red.

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ken, you've had none in red!?!??! Amazing.

Torque Thrusters, that's the name! Not the name that American Eagle give them though... I think they are just called Style 192 or something.

Anyone have solid suggestions on care for them?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts