DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zaino has a new polish out.
http://www.zainobros.com

Its called ZFX. Supposedly its a better "pre-polish" than the Polish-LOK (Z1). If you throughly claybar and clean your car... you do not need to use the Polish LOK anymore. You can just use the ZFX.... then apply your Z2.

What do you guys think? $20 for a bottle isn't cheap. I was planning on claybaring my car anyways.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I thought your car was already Z'd. I think if you have already started using Z, this product probably isn't much use, since you don't ever have to strip your Z off. Unless, like you said, you are going to start over with Dawn and clay the car, Then get the ZFX, with the low temps, its should help dramatically with the cure time.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent clayed the car since I got it. So I am going to clay the car... do the complete job with the touch of Dawn and all... and then re-zaino the car for the winter. Me and my father are going to do both of our cars at the same time to speed the process up.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zaino takes time to apply. Its not a simple wax on, wax off in 5 mins thing.

You usually apply a coat of the pre-polish cleaner. Then on top of that you apply the clear coat polish. Then you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.... takes FOREVER to dry. Once dried, you can spray the car with the gloss enhancer, wipe off right away and you should be ready to go... a kickass shine. After you spray and wipe, you can then apply another coat of clear coat polish for an even slicker look.

This whole process can easily be an all day affair, especially if you decide to claybar your car beforehand which I am going to do next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts