DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all new to the forum, just found it tonight. I have owned my 1999 Intrepid ES for almost 2 years(2 years in may) She is Deep Cranberry, gray cloth interior, fully loaded including Moon Roof. Just added (June 2005) cross drilled/slotted rotors for much improved braking. A great running 3.2 with autostick, love that option, motor loves to rev, has a great ride and put out some good MPG numbers(back and forth to work and not being easy 2 weeks per tank), Next mod might be either dual Exhaust or a homemade cold air intake.
God Bless Tom

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Hey tom, welcome to the forum. My name is Andrew but some people call me Dru. Glad to meet another Intrepid owner. I own a 99 Intrepid also, but was cursed with a 2.7. Your car sounds nice, and sounds like you've done a lot of work to it. Can't wait to see pics of it. Got any problems, this is the most perfect place to be.

Peace out, Dru

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome aboard. You've definitely found the right place for 'Trep owners. I have both a CAI (K&N) and true dual exhaust, and will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Laters, Jake

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I solved 1 of the 2 problems I have, and that was adding the slotted/cross drilled rotors for improved braking. The other problem I do not think I can do anything about is the reflection of the dash on the windshield, but, it is a minor problem. This has been the nicest car I have owned for a while, the Intrepid replaced a 1992 Dodge Spirit with a 2.5 four banger, was not a bad car, but, the body fell off faster than I could put on, so away she went.
The Intrepid is not without faults,but, the best thing for now is I work for a Chrysler dealership, so that helps out with the price on parts and I was able to do a flash to the PCM for FREE, had a slight rough idle after a hot soak, so Chrylser paid for it and did not realize it, you got to love FREEBIES. Next I will have to sand and polish the front headlamps, the pass side is getting cloudy and it looks like crap.
I have some 6X9 Pioneer 3ways I'm going to put in place of the stock speakers in the back, and find some better 5 1/4 door speakers.
If I get some pics could somebody post them for me,but I will need to clean the beast up, Deep Cranberry gets dirty very fast.
Thanks and God Bless
Tom

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The factory door speakers are 6.75" or so, so I'd recommend going with 6.5" aftermarket speakers.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome Aboard ! !
Lots of good information here and lots of good folks who are happy to help.

Reactions: r0meo021

·
Registered
714 Posts
r0meo021 said:
hehehe, i just flipped your 5 bars of Neg rep into 8 bars of positive... .WELCOME.. i love my influence!

WHAT ?!?!?
what is this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts