DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Finding great info. on this sight and since I just got my 2002 Dodge Intrepid 2 months ago and already having tranny issues I'm glad Ive found this sight....:baller:

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 02 owner! Yeah, doing the key dance will get you a P0700. Go to an Autozone if you can and scan for the underlying p0700 codes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All

I took it in for a diagnostic test and there telling me I need a whole new transmission..GRRRR
The codes that came up are P1776, P0440, P0456, And there telling me he OD clutch volume Index was 122 "which they say is way out of specs"

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
po440 and 456 are evap codes,, dont worry about them yet

1776,, either valve body, or solonoid pack, common items

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2002 Dodge Intrepid Tranny

Any Idea what the specs on the OD clutch volume Index should be? Mine is at 122. How do u repair this?

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
The 1776 code is very common on 02-04 trans'. Depending on the manufacture date of the valve body, it could either be that or the solenoid pack. But if you're going to have somebody else work on your car, I wouldn't trust that garage with a Metro by the sounds of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
122 is perfectly normal for O/D. Not any of the others but, Certainly O/D can be upwards of 140 and still be in spec.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Welcome aboard! Good luck with the tranny issue. Do a search as stated above, it the valve body or solenoid pack.

Late!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank You Everyone

After a long day and $440. dollars later my 2002 Dodge Intrepid transmission is driving smoothly. Thank you everyone for the very helpful advice. Things can only look up from here...:thankyou:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts