DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just signed up last night for the problem my girlfriend is having with her intrepid...i drive an SRT-4...but she has a '01 with the infinity system. I just recently bought 2 sail speakers off of a member on here. My question is, can I take the speaker out of one of the sail speakers and replace the center dash speaker with it? Or would it be easier to just cut the speaker wire and leave it be? Secondly, correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to install full-range speakers in the doors, I have to do something with the amp??? Let me know what I need to do. Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
alot of members just cut the canter channel wires, and you would need to bypass the amp to add full-range speakers, PAC makes a good kit, i believe it is called the OEM 1 or OEM 2, im not shure which one of those is the plug in kit, and which one you will have to slpice, but I'm shure someone else will help you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, in order to get full range out of the 6.5's in the doors you will have to bypass the factory amp or else you will only get mid bass out of them. Why are you wanting to replace the center speaker? If its blown or sounds bad I would just remove it or cut the wires... You probably wont even notice it missing.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
buffalo r/t said:
where is the factory the factory amp located? its seperate from the head unit?
Generally speaking, factory amps in most cars are in one of 3 places: Under the passenger seat, behind the passenger side kick panel, or in the side of the trunk, behind the carpet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So where is the amp located in the ES models? Btw, does anyone have the CORRECT color code of wires that I need to cut for the center channel dash speaker? So Badasstrep, does PAC have a website by chance? Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dont Cut The Wires!!!!!

Ok, first, on the ES, the amp in behind the passenger kick panel...two screws and it comes off, and if you reach up a little ways you can feel the amp. There are a LOT of wires running off of it. You DO NOT need to cut the wires for the center channel...just leave the panel and amp alone. Here is how you take care of that pesky blown center channel. (1)Remove the a-pillar trim panels by pulling (or prying) them away from the pillar, then pulling them TOWARDS you, as they are attached to the dashboard. (2) remove the dash panel that is over the center channel, it is the plastic part of the dashboard, once you have the a-pillar panels removed, all you have to do is use something flat to pop it up along its length. It helps to push down on the padded part of the dash to get a little more clearance to get the tool in. (3) Once you have the panel off, reach BEHIND the speaker, towards the windshield, and simply unhook the connecter. Tuck it out of the way somewhere. Problem solved, and it saves you from having to re-splice wires later if you want to add another center channel. It took me all of 20 minutes to take the panels off, disconnect the speaker, and put the panels back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.