DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently joined DodgeIntrepid.Net forums and it appears to be a great community. I was using a search engine to find websites with aftermarket parts for my 94 trep and i ran across DodgeIntrepid.Net forums. i also figured out a new easy way to clean up those opaque looking headlights on our 1st gen treps. send me a reply message if u want to know how.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
what method? wet sanding? or just polishing the hell out of it...and people would rather it be posted here...we are a bunch of lazy ppl over here :)

welcome to the site

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
headlightfix

alright, about a week or two ago was stading in front of my 94 trep and i was getting tired of seeing those dull looking headlight lenses so i lookied around in the garage to see if i could find anything that might clean them up. My dad has about 12 different kinds of scratch fixing products and i decided to try one of them. Its called Scratch Remover GS27. It comes with these crayon looking things used for fixing deep scratches but u don't ned them. all u need is the bottle scratch removing cream. Its one of them "As seen on tv" products. Anyway. my dad told me that it might make them worse because thats not what it was made for (claning headlights) but i tried it anyway and im pretty satisfied with the results thus far. All u need to do is put some of the cream(aftershakinwell) on a towel or clothe and then apply it to one headlight at a time until the cream dries up. then use a clean part of the cloth to remove the dried up cream. then do the other headlight.depending on how mad your headlights look you may have to apply a little more pressure to the headlight when applying it(carefull not to brake anything). i also used some Mcguire's polish afterwards to make it a little bit shinny.

·
Registered
718 Posts
except when it's on the inside, all that rust, because of some shitty aftermarket headlights and some high wattage bulbs :D LOL all you Ohio Meet guys know what i'm talking about :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
affinity said:
except when it's on the inside, all that rust, because of some shitty aftermarket headlights and some high wattage bulbs :D LOL all you Ohio Meet guys know what i'm talking about :D

Haha So True.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts