DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wathcing Nascar on Speedvision last night and the early odds are that Ryan Newman is the favorite to win the championship.

Jeff Gordon was up top with Dale Jr. and Kenseth was eighth.

Not sure where the odds came from; probably Las Vegas.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I think this will be a different year. With the tire and aero changes. I think NASCAR gave too much to ford and they will dominate for the first half of the year. Newman's carb secrets are out also.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but what I think makes Newman so special is the fact he's an engineer. He seems to have a totally different perspective than the average driver. His team also is made up mostly of engineers, not the traditional mechanic as it were.

You stated awhile back about the carb and it all made sense.

It shows just how good the 'team' was last season. To be able to give up a bit of horsepower for fuel mileage and still stay up front all day to me shows just how good they were. You heard all the complaining as well as I did when he was winning the 'fuel' wars. Harvick and Stewart crying their hearts out as well as a host of others; Jeff Gordon too. If they could use his carb setup they would. Funny if you think about it, when Gordon
was complaining Jimmy Johnson was running about the same number of laps as Newman and it worked pretty good for him also.

Penske's teams are always first rate.

I watched Newman as a rookie and could see he could drive.

I didn't think he do quite as well as he did but he's the goods.

Whether he wins the title this year or not who knows but I do think he'll get a few before he's done.

·
980 Posts
Nacar to change point structure and start a playoff system for last 10 races, I think they are going to screw things up.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't beleive they're going to do it !!!

I can see adding some additional points for the winner
and maybe a couple for a pole but this playoff idea
is crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts