DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had her since Friday and just got around to getting pictures today! This car is going to get a big makeover at Dans meet in Ohio. But here it is "stock". Of course I still got the 300M! The 300M is my wifes 1 mile daily car and the 2004 Intrepid is my 40 mile daily car. My camera sucks and I know the engines need washed lol :) Enjoy.

I paid 2,500 for the 2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Package. It was in service until about a month ago. They were selling a few cars that the department didnt "need". They plan on getting 2 new chargers by the end of 2009.

I paid 4,000 for the 2002 Chrysler 300M

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Very nice car Nick, I love the color :bigok: If you decide to get rid of the Steelies let me know :bigok:

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what did you do with your 1st gens?
the one with a bad tranny was sold to someone on this site as a parts car.
the other one was sold to a friend.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
A little late chiming in here, but as one of the longest police package owners on this site, I thought I'd throw out a couple tips regarding performance:

- The stock OEM tires, a special version Eagle RS-A, is VERY responsive handling wise, due to extra-stiff sidewalls. Putting softer, "touring" type tires will hurt handling quite a bit, due to the tall sidewall.

- The OEM police brake pads wear fast, has lots of dust, but stops on a dime. I've tried Bendix, and recently the Hawk HPS, and even the HPS (fairly agressive), don't hold a candle to OEM.

- Regarding the brake fires - try 10 stops from 90 mph on a non-police Intrepid and see what happens. The fire department would be there...

Now, being non-new, the department might have changed both tires and brakes to a different manufacturer. But if you enjoy a good handling car, stick to sporty, stiff tires, and OEM brake pads. The police package has a very good suspension system, and IMO would go to waste with comfort oriented brakes and tires.

The only thing I don't like about the car is the ass-up pitch from the heavy load springs in the rear.

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
Keep me updated nick.. eveuntally i wanna make mine a police package clone

·
Registered
917 Posts
A little late chiming in here, but as one of the longest police package owners on this site, I thought I'd throw out a couple tips regarding performance:

- The stock OEM tires, a special version Eagle RS-A, is VERY responsive handling wise, due to extra-stiff sidewalls. Putting softer, "touring" type tires will hurt handling quite a bit, due to the tall sidewall.

- The OEM police brake pads wear fast, has lots of dust, but stops on a dime. I've tried Bendix, and recently the Hawk HPS, and even the HPS (fairly agressive), don't hold a candle to OEM.

- Regarding the brake fires - try 10 stops from 90 mph on a non-police Intrepid and see what happens. The fire department would be there...

Now, being non-new, the department might have changed both tires and brakes to a different manufacturer. But if you enjoy a good handling car, stick to sporty, stiff tires, and OEM brake pads. The police package has a very good suspension system, and IMO would go to waste with comfort oriented brakes and tires.

The only thing I don't like about the car is the ass-up pitch from the heavy load springs in the rear.
I don't know about the police package, but I have drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic brake pads and I hardly ever have a problem with brake dust and my car has never stopped so fast.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep me updated nick.. eveuntally i wanna make mine a police package clone
I will have the police vinyal seat and cloth seats soon that you can have lol.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I don't know about the police package, but I have drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic brake pads and I hardly ever have a problem with brake dust and my car has never stopped so fast.
Im no expert on Popo Treps, but they have your standard PHP rotors and maybe the standard pads too. (I'm not sure on the last part.) What I do know is they use DOT 5 brake fluid instead of DOT 4.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Loooking good Nick, surprized there is no leftover markings on the side where it said Police yada yada yada........
There was. I have spent a total of 7 hours outside of this car cleaning it.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Since it was a local car have you gone back to the department to get the maintanance records?

Other than the trunk lid records!

I have a set of goodyear rsa plus tires they are good!

What interior did you put in?

What would it look like with the wheels painted white?

Photo shop anyone?

Florida used to do that with the old school cop rims in the late 80's, and they stood out!

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
I will have the police vinyal seat and cloth seats soon that you can have lol.
hahah nice, can i get some interior pics plz, i wanna know all i gotta do to make my clone. Might be a one off clone tho. And if u ever go to part out or get ride of that light and the rims/caps/adn nuts... plz contact me cuz dealer robs me here... And nick if u dont mind id like some shots of that light area on the inside of the car

1 - 20 of 56 Posts