DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its almost 8pm here in NY and I just got done waxing my car. It was the only chance I'd get before winter came, seeing as how most of my weekends will be busy with school. The neighbors gave me funny looks, how many of you have been caught waxing your car after dark?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i got caught doing that the first time i waxed my car this summer. the neighbor's daughter caught me. it was cool cuz i went to school with her other daughter so we got to talking and stuff.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet. Have any "luck" with her?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hmm, neighbors daughter, Images of 'teens' dancing...... Oh where was I?

Yeah sure I wax the carrot, I mean the car at night alot! J/K

Most every good wax says not to wax in direct sunlight so when else are you supposed to do it?

·
Registered
502 Posts
sick mofos....LOL

actually, I'll take the trepd to the self-serve car was after dark because there aren't any lines and I can bucket wash it with their power washers and don't have to worry about people waiting for me.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
she's cute but not really my type...anyway.

what i found is that if you have access to one, the best place to wax during the daytime is a covered parking area. the best way to do it is to get there early, let the car sit for awhile so it cools down, then go wax the hell out of it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My neighbours think I am obsessed with my car, I am either polishing the crap out of it or under it doing something, my car is up and down off the jack like a rabbit in heat :) I also have cutey neighbours, thier daughter anyway, about 17, and if I look at her, my wife will get the hot-prods out! <OUCHY> :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I wax at night and the afternoon, the last time I waxed it was at night, its in the garadge so its no real problem I have a super bright light that I shine on the area where Im working, never miss a spot. And I know my neighbors think Im obsessed, I wash the car atleast twice a week, the car always looks emaculate. its even worse in the winter cause I wash it everyother day to keep the salt off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We got a 'wash guy' at the shop who all he does is wash cars. I give him 3 bucks and he washes it, drys it, vaccuums the gut, and cleans the windows! When he's done he even parks it for me!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have never been out there at night washing/waxing my car, even though I have a light out there, but I have been out the around dusk. In the winter I also clean my car alot to get rid of the salt... the older I get I'm starting to not to like winter and the snow...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I give him 3 bucks and he washes it, drys it, vaccuums the gut, and cleans the windows! When he's done he even parks it for me!
Please tell me you give him more than three bucks :p el cheapo eh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts