DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to darken tail lights with nightshade? I've heard of people doing it and remember seeing a picture of a Taurus that looked nice dark.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
slow computer, double post, see below

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
it's a simple aerosol can, remove your taillights, wash and dry them, spray, sand with a fine grit(optional), clear coat, done

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I did mine with the nightshades paint. It was fairly easy, a bit time consuming but easy. You can only put one layer on at a time, to avoid dripping, so it is easy to spend all day spraying the lights. I bought and used two cans to get the look I wanted. The pic in my sig is after about three quarters of one can.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's pretty darn easy. Depending on what all you want to use it on, the cans don't go too far. I baught two, and used them in 4 layers of both tail lights, and 3rd light. I would have liked to use more, but to order more would have taken too dang long.

But the main thing you need is patience.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was thinking about nightshading my back center light bar with the reverse light, but not the brake lights. If i went over the entire bar, would the reverse lights show enough or do you think it is better to leave a block unpainted for the reverse light like most nightshade jobs ive come across?

Also, do you think it would look better nightshading the entire back lights with brakes? Just want some opinions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts