·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From this week's Autoextremist:

Nissan headed for trouble / GM / Chrysler next

Here's the link for all the stories:
http://www.autoextremist.com/page6.shtml#table

Carlos Ghosn. Uh-oh, the mainstream automotive press has all of a sudden discovered what we've been talking about for months: Nissan is in trouble, and Carlos Ghosn is setting the company up for a major fall in the U.S. With newly emerging quality troubles, an ill-fated move of Nissan's North American headquarters from Southern California to Nashville, a move that has gutted NNA's brain power and purged hundreds of senior-level thinkers and doers from the company - on the eve of the launch of four new vehicles to this market - and a rudderless, culturally bankrupt ship emerging in Nashville lacking real, battle-tested leaders, Ghosn is now pleading with journalists to "give it time" - that his "vision" will prove to be right yet again and that everything will be wine and roses for Nissan in eighteen months. But in spite of a full-court press put on by Nissan for the media a little over a week ago in Nashville, the journalistic tendency to believe all things Ghosn is starting to lose its appeal. In Ghosn's view of the world, Nissan is again on the cusp of greatness. But to a growing number of automotive journalists, Nissan looks to be on the cusp of disaster. From our perspective, the next eighteen months are shaping up to be Ghosn's Waterloo.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
in a way they do,, and lets not forget Nissans problems with there 2.5 engines,,,
and to think i live 5 minuates away from the nashville (smyrna ) plant yikes

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Another decent company buried by a 'celebrity' CEO and his ego........

When are incompetent Boards of Directors ever going to be held accountable for this ****?

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
Never,, look at GM,, once the strongest company in the world,, now they cant even pay there suppliers,, kinda scary if you ask me, but yet the CEO's get huge bonuses incentives,, etc,, just a thought but maybe im in the wrong business

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lets not forget about good ol' Bill Ford. Just because you have the name, doesn't mean you have the brains to run the company. He is generally responsible for Ford's deteriorating brand-image, sitting idlely with no long term strategies while foreign car manufacturers ate up market share. It was only late 2005 before he addressed the issue by looking to the new Americas' president for a "revival" strategy to get out of the red. Good luck Ford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts