DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just noticed that the NOS people (yes the same as the dumb sticker the ricers put on) are making a nitrous kit for the Prowler. Now I know superchargers have been discussed here before, but this is different. It appears to be a dry system, which only attaches to the throttle body. So... since the throttle body is the same as the on the Second Gen Treps, and Almost Identical as the First Gens..... then is this what we're looking for? It looks to me like it can be adapted almost painlessly. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

the link: http://www.rpmoutlet.com/noschr.htm

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The Prowler has had a nitrous kit for years. Hennessey Motorsports had one three years ago I think. Maybe only two. Needless to say, I don't think it will work for the second generation Intrepids.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
NOS has a system for the Intrepid R/T witch means it will work on the 3.2. Not sure about the 2.7 though, but my guess is that it would work.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
it will not drop the tranny.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
don't forget even if it works, if you want it on the 1st gen you're gonna have to modify the system because on the 3.3 the TB is in an akward spot and on the 3.5 there's two TBs.

also it won't wreck the tranny but if you use it enough it probably will.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yes, if you use it too much it will put lotts of strain on the engine. But every so often will not hurt it like if a firebird pulls up next to you. ;)

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: blkbute ]

·
Registered
468 Posts
LOL **** the firebirds i can already take my friends pos one with my 3.3
bring on the v-teks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Was your friend's firebird towing a dump truck or something? A current V8 Firebird/Trans Am does 0-60 in about 5.3 seconds...not sure about the older ones, or those with V6's....

·
Registered
415 Posts
HAHAH Sorry Chris... The V6 Firebirds push at least 205hp I think. The trans ams are 5.7L V8s with 305hp in them. They would tear any of our cars a new asshole, and then some. Especially the 3.3

Now, if it was truly a pos and had MAJOR problems with it, I could see you beating it but stil... Are you sure he was racing? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The F-bodies are 320-335hp dependant on packaging, meaning if it is an SS or WS6 or just a regular Camaro/FIrebird.

But yeah...in V8 or V6 trim, we would lose.

·
Registered
471 Posts
NOS

Be sure to put your trep on a car lift & leave it in Park so you don't blow up that tranny. I'll be cool you can be 15 feet in the air flying high shooting your NOS. Flash the highbeams for added excitement. :)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Re: NOS

btc909 said:
Be sure to put your trep on a car lift & leave it in Park so you don't blow up that tranny. I'll be cool you can be 15 feet in the air flying high shooting your NOS. Flash the highbeams for added excitement. :)
Damn it!!!! If you do NOS correctly, you're not going to **** the tranny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****ing Prowlers do NOS (along with a ton of other ****) and they have the same tranny and they run just fine!!!!!!!!! I would highly suggest putting a tranny cooler on though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm just saying our transmissions arn't the strongest, and the extra stress sure as hell won't extend their life. If would be funny to try a 150 shot on a 'trep and watch the engine blow. I'm sure the system can be modified to run on 1st gen 3.5L's it just depends on how much you trust your work.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My 1998 ES tranny barely manages without the tranny go kaaaaaaaaableewie. You nail it, sometimes during a gear change your a nice LOOOOOOOOOOUD screeching sound. One of those you take it to the dealer "we didn't find anything wrong sir" type of sounds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts