DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..so i installed a wet kit onto my 98 chrysler concorde with the 3.2...everything was going fine until i got to the fuel part..i tapped onto the fuel rail under the phlenum with a -4an fitting and ran the line to the fuel solenoid...well as soon as i turned the car on..not cranking it..just turning it on gas flew everywhere...the fittings that connect the line just arent tight enough and theres nothing i can do ive tried everything...

My question is if i want to run the nitrous dry can i just run it to my intake and run a safe 50 shot and that be it...or do i have to somehow mix the fuel somehow

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not Sure, I heres a link you can ask these guys, the know stuff like this.

Tell em robert sent you,
www.indycarz.com

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Well, yes you could do that, but don't most dry kits have a solenoid inline with the fuel pressure regulator vac. to increase fuel pressure? Or is that just the dry zex kit?

Anyways, with my wet kit, I hooked it up to the test port on the fuel rail, and just removed the shrader valve in the test port to allow for enough fuel flow. The -4AN line hooked up perfect to it. I'm not familiar with the 3.2, is the test port the same size? Or did you tap in somewhere else? Would it be possible to get another fitting?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i could just run it to the intake and put a small dry shot on it..and probably get away with it

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
you can run saftly run a 80hp dry shot of nitrous...i did it for years, never lost a tranny or broke anything but wheelstuds.
Just make sure to place it in top of you airbox so your computer will pick up the change and enrichen the fuel mixture via mass air sensor.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ravin said:
you can run saftly run a 80hp dry shot of nitrous...i did it for years, never lost a tranny or broke anything but wheelstuds.
Just make sure to place it in top of you airbox so your computer will pick up the change and enrichen the fuel mixture via mass air sensor.
How often did you break them? I've replaced nearly every damn wheelstud on my car. :smileyb:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no..it says do not use teflon tape

·
Registered
195 Posts
our cars dont have a mass air flow sensor, so that wouldnt help. therefore i dont think i would do more than a 50 shot dry. in these cars the computer cant compensate well enough for it. a wet shot will be much safer to use.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Just got this of the ZEX site, note it says use a tread sealant. Install Fuel Delivery line
The first step in installing the fuel delivery line is to determine where you would like to draw the fuel from. TheZEX™ nitrous kit comes with several fittings that will allow you to decide what the best solution is for your vehicle. If you would like to use the fuel tee fitting, ensure that the fuel line pressure has been relieved and then cut the
rubber fuel line. Insert the barbed ends of the fuel tee into the rubber hose ends and secure with the provided hose clamps. Using an appropriate thread sealant, install the 90 deg. –4AN fitting into the threaded hole.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the thread sealer

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Ryan D. said:
How often did you break them? I've replaced nearly every damn wheelstud on my car. :smileyb:
i went through more wheel stud than i can rememeber, probably about 30 in a period of 1 year.
got to the point where i can change out both frontsets in less than 5 minutes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts