DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dead:eek:k so im blowing same temp air from the outside,i realy dont want it to be my core.
im getting heat ok tho,any ideas:hrmmm: pls not the core

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the way to cold,how do i do a compresion test on an a/c system?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
yea maybe ur loosing freon, or the compressor isnt kicking in, also if it was the core U wouldnt have any heat, my green trep the core is gone so I have no heat, pretty sure it isnt the core

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea maybe ur loosing freon, or the compressor isnt kicking in, also if it was the core U wouldnt have any heat, my green trep the core is gone so I have no heat, pretty sure it isnt the core
oh god good,ill try stuff and get back to you guys later

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
The Evaporator and the heater core are two separate parts.

You could turn down the temp, then open the hood and see if the compressor clutch is engaged or not. If it's engaged, then the inner part of the compressor pulley will be turning.

If it is, then you could try adding refrigerant. Go to an auto parts store and get a kit to recharge the system. Some cans of refrigerant come with UV dye. If you buy a UV flashlight, you can use it to find the leak, that is if it's in a place you can see. Hook the can to the low pressure side and let the compressor suck it in. The air from the vents should get colder.

If you have a leak, as I do, you can repeat this process over and over gain. I couldn't find my leak, so I'm guessing it's my Evaporator.

Others here might be able to give you other suggestions. There's a lot of information on this forum regarding A/C repairs.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Here is another thing for you to look at - are your cooling fans running all the time, even when you start the car cold? It is possible that your transducer has gone out.

And yes, I second everything else that MsMcintosh said...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everything is fixed. it was an oring on one of the hoses going to the compressor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts