DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.2. The A/C does not blow cold air inside of the car. I have checked the freon charge which is good, the pressure fluctuates between 25 and 45 when the A/C clutch engages and disengages. The low side is cold to the touch & the high side is warm. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Manley

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Have you verified that nothing is clogged up? Maybe with debris like leaves, etc, etc?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Do you have MTC or ATC? It could be a blend door problem, meaning that your car is producing cold air its just being blended with hot air. I would check for codes and do a door calibration to rule that out before you try to troubleshoot the A/C system as it can be quite complicated.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Isn't there something called an 'expansion valve' that might be stuck and not letting much freon (whatever it is called now) get through into the evaporator? Maybe some gentle tapping would get it to cooperate. I think if it was a blend door problem at least when the engine is cold the AC would be able to get some cool air out before the engine coolant heated up.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Indiana Intrep said:
Isn't there something called an 'expansion valve' that might be stuck and not letting much freon (whatever it is called now) get through into the evaporator? Maybe some gentle tapping would get it to cooperate. I think if it was a blend door problem at least when the engine is cold the AC would be able to get some cool air out before the engine coolant heated up.
I'm not sure about any expansion valve. Don't forget, even if the engine isn't hot, the air that comes from the heat is going to be as warm as the air outide and being that it is summer, it definitely won't be cool. If a portion of the air is coming from the heating system instead of it all coming from the A/C it will make the air much warmer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts