DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i have an 2002 intrepid the heat works good but when you switch it to defrost the airflow decreases from the vents that that are on top, but still comes out from the top vents, nothing from the feet vents that i can tell and i cant feel much of anything from the vents for the defrost. i was thinking of the air diverter motor maybe bad but not sure if there is only one or more that would cause my problems or if the main control is the problem by the way it does not have automatic temp control.
there is no sounds other than hearing the air flow change.
i also noticed tonight when driving home that the when i started the car and immediately switched to defrost and i never got hot air until i switched it to the top vents for a little bit and then switched it back to defrost. tho to say when i switched away from defrost the car was already hot enough.
if anyone knows the pin-out so i could test the air diverter motors or a way to test the main controls its would be great.

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
Did you put it thru a diagnostic, which calibrates the door positions. That might or might not fix it, but try that first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no clue how to do that. I thought things like that you had to use the really pricey scan tools to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts