DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, not that I don't have heat, just none when the car is at idle. Once there is backpressure while moving, plenty of hot air. Now, I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. The blower motor and thermostat are fine. Could it be a tube with a hole in it or a valve that is stuck and not opening unless it gets a lot of backpressure? Problem being I like to warm the engine in the mornings as well as the cabin and defrost the windows, but I get no help because it only blows cold air. The only thing it does help with is getting the motor warm. Any ideas?

·
Registered
530 Posts
plenty of heat in my 97 sport when idle. I use remote start in morning and come out and it is toasty

·
Registered
187 Posts
Known issue,

Any of these TSB's could apply....

45. 24-03-99 FEB 99 Climate Control System - Blows No Hot Air
51. 24-14-98 OCT 98 Heater - Poor Performance/Slow Engine Warm Up
63. 24-10-98 JUL 98 ATC/Manual System - Erratic Operation
83. 24-01-98 MAR 98 Heating/Air Conditioning Housing - Service

Just to name a few.

Check them all out at http://www.alldata.com
Then call your local dealer to make an appointment.

sURFN

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: sURFNmADNESS ]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Most times,

If you still have a warranty, it would be covered. If it is outside of the warranty, you would be paying for parts and sometimes the labor. Depends on the dealer.

sURFN

·
Registered
587 Posts
The most common, and easiest problem to fix when you have no heat, is to check your aintifreeze/coolant level. The heater core is the highest point in your radiator/engine coolant system, so if you are low on coolant, it won't pass through the heater core, blowing cold air at you. Have a look at that first, then I'd take it to a dealer. Your heater core could be clogged as well, but since your car is fairly new, that should not be the problem, unless you like to add glue or something to your antifreeze!
:)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for the input. When I first got the car back in Septemer, one of the first things I did was changer the fluid/coolant, as well as changing the plugs and oil, all that maintenance stuff. of course you don't anything's wrong until it happens in the cold winter months.

I'll have to double check the levels cuz I don't recall putting any glue substance in there...unless...uhm, nope, never mind!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts