DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some asshole stole my keys after I told him he couldn't use my car. I don't have a spare and wasn't able to get to the dealer, even though the $20+ would just about break me. Is there any way to start the car without the key? Hotwire.. or something. I just need to get some food and a replacement key, or not if I have to hose up the ignition. I just need my car in a bad way.

Thanks,
Eric :all_cohol

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Well you live really close to me, even though the loser rough riders are from that town. I could bring you some food. lol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm guessing you'll just have to walk, sorry but it really wouldn't be worth hot-wiring your car just beat the **** out of the guy that tookyour keys and get them back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I finally got a ride from a neighbor, but I buggered up the iginition cylindar<sp> a little earlier. Any suggestions? . Btw, I need to update my profile, as I now live in Columbus, OH.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Call up a Locksmith they will come out to ur house, show them the title proving the car is urs and the will make u a key for ur car right there on the spot.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Dude, don't hotwire the car. Threre's too many other things to worry about in order to drive the car, steering wheel lock, shift park interlock... yeah, you don't want to mess those up and make your car an easy theft target.

I would recommend (like has already been said) call a locksmith with proof the car belongs to you and have them make a key for you. Or better yet, have someone take you to a junkyard and try to get a full set of lock cylinders with a key. If those jackasses still have your keys, you'll be lucky if you still have a car in a few days!

Just to make sure you'll still have a car... I'd go ahead and take the battery out of the car.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If you truly want to get the car running without a key... take a torx and a phillips screwdriver, some smaller sockets and a pair of pliers out to the car. Simply remove the steering cover shrouds, remove the turn signal switch with the socket, and use pliers (or a tiny socket, if you're lucky enough) to remove the ignition switch.

From there you should be able to use a flat head screwdriver to stick into the ignition switch (the round part) and start the car. I don't think that will fix the problem of the steering wheel lock and shift park interlock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts