DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NASCAR to Announce on Thursday that the title sponsorship for the series will be Nextel starting next year along with race realignments of races, next year maybe very interesting,and how many sponsors will be leaving not to return for next year, given the economy ,Kodak may leave, Citgo is leaving, Hooters left Bodine already, I am sure many corporations are rethinking 12 mil + deals may not be worth it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeah, I heard the news on the radio this morning. I don't think NEXTEL has the resources to keep Nascar going, if they are even a company next year. We may be witnessing the start of the end.....

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well at least we won't have a cigarette company sponsoring NASCAR any more. It's not that I have anything against them. It's just that I think the only smoke a person should be inhaling is high-octane exhaust fumes! :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
2001RT said:
Well at least we won't have a cigarette company sponsoring NASCAR any more. It's not that I have anything against them. It's just that I think the only smoke a person should be inhaling is high-octane exhaust fumes! :D:D:D

How true.

·
9,861 Posts
That money should be spent on improving thier phone service...

·
Registered
36 Posts
New blood is good.

Powerade seems to be doing OK with the NHRA.

Hopefully they will get rid of some of those damned Chebby's....

Got to keep the wife pissed off! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did everyone notice the Little E who's never finished in the top ten in points was there?? Why not Matt Kenseth the current point leader? ( You wouldn't know he was the point leader by watching Fox) Also read what Nextel said on NASCAR.COM.they will be advertising to a youth market. So if your tired now of the three clowns led by DW talking about nothing but young guns your really going to hate it now. And yes I do beleive that favorable calls have been made since Fox got involved.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Maybe they should change the rules such that they use REAL STOCK street cars

(what an idea)

To make the races more down to earth and exciting

watch your Trep really beat the competition.......

with a few mods and safty equipment.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
skoczek said:
Maybe they should change the rules such that they use REAL STOCK street cars

(what an idea)

To make the races more down to earth and exciting

watch your Trep really beat the competition.......

with a few mods and safty equipment.
They would have to cut the races to 10 laps so some cars would finish.

·
Registered
299 Posts
hypnos said:
That money should be spent on improving thier phone service...
No kidding on their service. We just cancelled our 30+ phone account with Nextel. Absolutely lousy coverage. Phones became just about useless. About the only way to get in touch with someone was to throw the phone at them and hit 'em in the head.

·
9,861 Posts
adaptabl said:

They would have to cut the races to 10 laps so some cars would finish.
Heh.

OneFore9 said:
About the only way to get in touch with someone was to throw the phone at them and hit 'em in the head.
Haha.

·
Registered
104 Posts
dabirdz96 said:
according to jayski's the winston will remain the winston as long as they wish to keep it
Actually that isnt true! They said on Speed Channel that Nextel will rename the All-Star race...Winston will be no-longer, and they are planning on moving the race from track to track each year.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I beg to differ, my Nextel i85s gets service that no other company in my area gets, on many occaisions my friends phones have gone out or are pretty much useless and mine is just fine. I've also made use of the coast to coast walkie talkie, clear as day. My only beef is the network outages that happen time to time, pretty agitatiing, but all in all a good service. $$$$ though....

·
Registered
104 Posts
My wife and I have looked into getting a Nextel, but they only follow the main highways like here in Iowa 80/ 35 and maybe only 20 miles off of those highways. After the salesman told us that we are like "SCREW NEXTEL...We'll go to VERIZON!!!"

·
Registered
76 Posts
I must say that I am pissed. Years of tradition, and until I was 12 years old, I thought the Winston Cup was named after some guy who was Petty and Earnhardt put together.

It is an outrage, and I wish that globalization will stay the f*ck away from our natural All American racing, and stay the hell in Europe and Japan. The only time I want to hear something about Nextel or Motorola or Suzuki is when I'm watching Indy cars, because Indy will never be accepted like Nascar is in the states, and in Gran Turismo, because that game is just too good to pass up, no matter how much I hate the foreigners.

Is Nextel even foreign, though? I thought it was Japanese. Well, I just ranted on about foreign crap. Sorry if Nextel is American, but stay away from Nascar. Winston Cup is tradition.

Is there a way I can get Calvin pissing on a Nextel logo?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts