DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching Speed this morning. They said Pontiac is pulling out of NASCAR next year. No more Grand Prix stocker`s for 2004. I would of thought with the new GTO they would use that body. I guess more room for the (cars of the rising sun) namely Toyota.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I think that Pontiac lost a lot when the Winston Cup champ changes from Pontiac to Chevy after winning. Not to mention that they lost all of those Tony Stewart commercials that they had going for them.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i heard that GM will head the project when Toyota enters into the nascar circuit in a few years... maybe just a rumor

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
johnnyu said:
I'f GM is really helping Toyota I'll never buy another GM ,I thought only pushrod V-8s were allowed.

Toyota did a pushrod V8 is putting out over 50HP more than anyone else in the truck series. Nascar had to give Toyota smaller valve sizes to keep the competition even.

Toyota's entry into NASCAR will be great for fans. Can't wait to see Neuman in his Toyota.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im sure all the rednecks will love the Toyota's entry into NASCAR

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
They're heading into the truck series first. It's been in the works for a couple years...and they've been testing their new Tundra's at Daytona ( Click me) in preparation for their first race. They've already said that they want to get a Camry into the Nextel series by 2007.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts