DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for the Headunit. Any ideas? I can't see a fuse that goes to it, and the only busted fuse i can find is under the hood and it's a 40amp fuse that is labelled "rad fan hi/lo" :dunno:

·
Registered
260 Posts
On the wiring harness I purchased there are 2 yellows. One works the other doesn't.

I could be wrong but I believe the only fuse for the radio is in the fusebox on the driverside of the dash.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah checked that fuse and all is ok. The Yellow lead is meant to bypass a fuse and be a "direct" power supply from the battery.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The yellow should still be fused, it just isn't connected to the ignition so it is constantly on. Even if the fuse looks ok try checking it with a meter. Thats the only likely problem I can think of.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
The yellow should still be fused, it just isn't connected to the ignition so it is constantly on. Even if the fuse looks ok try checking it with a meter. Thats the only likely problem I can think of.

Where is the yellow fused at?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I believe the fuse for the radio in the panel on the side of the dash is for the yellow wire, as this is the one that actually provides the power for the radio. The red wire is just a signal to tell it when the ignition is on or not. I've found that sometimes those small fuses burn in a way thet you can't tell by looking at them so I always check with a meter just to be sure.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i dunno what i did, but i have power there now.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turned out to be a fuse that didn't even look blown... as you mentioned. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
DodgeyAussie said:
Turned out to be a fuse that didn't even look blown... as you mentioned. Thanks for your help!
No prob, glad I could help! I went through the same thing once. I obviously checked the fuse first, but it looked fine. After checking everything else out I finally went back to the fuse and then with a meter found out it was blown. I wasted like 2hrs for nothing!

·
Registered
105 Posts
LOL! blame it on the beer!

One more thing to look for in that situation, make sure the fuse hilder is not stressed, or has pressure on it when the radio is slid into the dash, that can cause the fuse to lose a connection!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts