DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Just put a 96 3.5L engine in a 97 and everything seems to be working fine except the coil pack isn't getting power...I really need help I have done a lot to this car but never had a problem like this.
Thanks, Adam

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey guys, Just put a 96 3.5L engine in a 97 and everything seems to be working fine except the coil pack isn't getting power...I really need help I have done a lot to this car but never had a problem like this.
Thanks, Adam
I believe that the alternator, injectors, and coil pack are fed from the ASD relay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe this will help...

I had to replace the cam-sensor to get my plugs to start firing...

My 95 3.5L overheated and apparently took out that sensor... No spark, thought it fried the coil pack because of how close it was to the headers and the lack of spark at the plugs.

Auto Zone doesn't like it when you buy electrical modules just to test out your theories. So I took them my old sensor and it tested bad.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
thanks guys! I also heard it could be crank position sensor...? coudl that be right
Do you have 12 volts at the dark green / orange wire going to the coil pack? That is the supply and the PCM supplies the ground via those sensors. If no 12 volts...your'e going no where.

·
Registered
175 Posts
have you jumpered the asd relay when looking for power?
youwon't find power otherwise and you will chase a phantom problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts