DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if they have ever had this problem in a 2Gen...
My transmission suddenly decided it didn't want to go in to 2nd or 4th gear. I can put it there by autostick but it revs, no torque. I drive this car now by selecting 1 then skipping to 3 at about 20mph. I had some tranny shops check out the codes and they all said it was not the Soleniod pack.

Someone please help if you had this problem before I go rebuilding.

·
Registered
209 Posts
so what did "some shops" say the codes were or the problem was????

i've had much better luck w/ private trans shops, as opposed to transmission chains when in comes to getting answers. seems the chains always wanted to sell me a rebuilt trans......

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,696 Posts
My guess would be more than electrical. This sounds like a mechanical problem, either in the valve body or the internal parts, clutch packs, or intermediate sprag, etc. I would take the pan down and see what kind of metal if any is laying in the pan. If there is alot, its rebuild time. If not, and something simple is broken, besides whats accessible from removal of the pan, chances are the trans will have to come out and come apart anyways, so might as well rebuild. You can pick up a used one too with super low miles for around $300.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just had the thing rebuilt little over a year ago, I am about to call that doubleA mco and tell them what I think about paying that much to rebuild it, and having it crap out on me after 30k miles.
The shops that I have visited, no little guys yet, have all used the "r" word. Well I'm starting to think it might not be a minor electrical. It might be less expesive to get a used one with low miles. That's another thing, finding a reasonable one. I love my car, the interior is perfect and the motor is still strong after 181k miles. I dont really want a new one right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts