DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i don't have any turn signals or hazard lights on my car. The parking lights, work and the fuses aren't blown. Am i going to have to replace the multifunction switch? the wipers work, along with the high beam switch but the turn signals don't..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Check to see if Fuse 9 in the Junction Block and Fuse O in the PDC are not blown.
If they are okay then it’s your Turn Signal/ Hazard Flasher.
I don’t know if the 1st Gen is the same as the 2nd Gen.
You will need a flashlight or droplight and a very thin blade screwdriver.
You will have to get down and look up next to the firewall above the brake pedal, so remove the driver side knee bolster. You should see an orange box, a yellow box, and a black box.
The flasher is the black one. It is held on a white plastic bracket in a slot. Remove the 10MM bolt, and turn the bracket, until you will see an opening between the flasher and the bracket. Use the screwdriver and gently lift the retaining peg in there, the flasher will slide off.
Our cars take 5-terminal flasher.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a diagram of what i'm doing here? That'd help alot!

I've also got an "idle surge" problem...

The "Idle surge", when i'm cruising along in over drive and let off the throttle and the rpms drop down to an idle it'll jump between 500-800rpm some times, not every time but some times it'll just rev up and down between them two...

·
Generating clever phrase...
688 Posts
I recently had this problem on my LHS, It blew the relay under the dash then when I fixed that it blew the fuses in the side panel. It's like 89 bucks for duralast multifunction like 150 for the OEM. I advise goin to the u-pull if it's the MFS. T-15 screwdriver to pull the shroud off the steering wheel. like T-35(i don't remember) to pull the steering wheel lever off and a 1/4 ratchet to pull the switch. It'll take you like 5 mins tops. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Not sure if your car is like my 97 trep, but if all the lights work, except the hazards and turn signals, check the wires under the hood at the positive terminal of hte battery. If those 2 small wires come loose and not making a connection, then you will have the lights not work at all. My car had the same issue until I ran them back to the positive terminal of the battery and they worked great again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Do you have a diagram of what i'm doing here? That'd help alot!

The Junction Block (JB) is located in the left endcap of the instrument panel.

Power Distribution Center (PDC) The molded plastic PDC housing is located in the left front corner of the engine compartment, just in front of the coolant reservoir bottle.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if your car is like my 97 trep, but if all the lights work, except the hazards and turn signals, check the wires under the hood at the positive terminal of hte battery. If those 2 small wires come loose and not making a connection, then you will have the lights not work at all. My car had the same issue until I ran them back to the positive terminal of the battery and they worked great again.
You was right, the wires got unplugged from the terminal.

The 3rd diagram is nothing like what my fuse box under the hood is like. But thanks anyways!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts