DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2002 Inferno ES. I am glad to find this forum! Hello All.

There is a loud rattling sound behind the cluster somewhere. It sounds like something is dancing around behind the cluster. It seems to be more noticable in cold weather. It sound like plastic hitting plastic.

Anybody hear these noises too? Remedies?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
my car had a VERY annoying rattle like this that only happened at idle

I ended up tearing apart my entire dash and found nothing, as I was reassembling it I went piece by piece and kept starting the car hoping to find the culprit

final outcome was that the rattle went away but I have no idea at all what caused it

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think several people have this. Does it happen when you apply gas (during the first few moments of acceleration?) I thought it could possibly be a heat shield loose that rattles only when engine vibration is just right. So far mine has been annoying but not a problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no rattle with acceleration, happens when....

Just cruising around the city. I went digging back by the fire wall, feeling around for loose parts. When I played around with the windshield wipers, the noise sounded familiar. I Forgot to mention in my 1st post that I noticed rattles on both sides behind the dash. I just moved around the drivers side wiper connection boot until it didn't make rattle sounds. Jumped in and went cruisin'- didn't hear the noise on the drivers side, but on the passenger side. Will go and mess with this next. Update coming soon.

:fun_74:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Them blades seem to have be the culprit in my ride. No more annoying rattles.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i havnt had a rattle yet but now when i do i know what to look for.

though seems to be a 2nd gen prob or both ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
RED2002ES said:
There is a loud rattling sound behind the cluster somewhere. It sounds like something is dancing around behind the cluster. It seems to be more noticable in cold weather. It sound like plastic hitting plastic.
I have the same problem. At 35000 miles I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything (what a shock). The rattling has stopped for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts