DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2nd gen intrepid is making noises on the front right side...it is making a clicking/grinding noise when I drive...do you think that it is wheel bearing? I duno if it is the CV Joint because it makes the noise everywhere I drive not just when I turn....let me know what you think. Steve

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't rule out anything on our cars. First check the boot covering the cv joint and make sure that it's not busted or cracked as there will probably be grease slung everywhere if it was leaking. I would also check the strut and make sure that it's not leaking as it would be wet or covered in a sludge from where it did leak. I would also try a few things to see when the problem occurs......high and low speeds, turns, going over bumps, see if you can hear the noise in and or out of the car. The more info that you give will help in diagnosing this.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cv boot is not torn...the noise comes from lower speeds but at 55+ the noise goes away for the most part...the problem is not isolated to going over bumps or aorund corners it makes the noise all the time...sometimes it will go away though, after I have driven for a while...

·
Registered
113 Posts
What about when you brake......is there any difference at all in the noise when braking. Also, is this something that happens when you are sitting still or do you have to be rolling for it to happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts