DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just a general question about doing something like this. Cuz I'm thinking on installing an alarm on my car, but i would like to be able to use the power lock/unlock feature by remote. Problem being...my car doesn't have power locks.
Does anyone know of a kit or something that would allow me to install this? Also, if that's possible...do you think i'd be able to wire up an alarm to unlock them remotely, too??

Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
JC whitney has two kits available. One sells for about 70 and the other 100. Depends on what you want. I installed one of their keyless systems last year and the instructions were fairly easy to follow, no problems with it so far.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
It's actually pretty easy to install the lock actuators in a car that's not equipped. Just make sure to get the "heavy duty" ones as they'll last longer than the cheap ones. Stop by a local audio install shop (not BB or CC) and see if they carry any. As for the ease of the alarm that will depend on the alarm. Connecting to the locks themselves will be very easy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts