DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having starting trouble with my 97 Sport. Just started about a 2 weeks ago. My mechanic says he has run into this before, and has yet to find a fix. If I try to cold start it, it just cranks and cranks. If I punch the throttle, it will start just fine. It seems to idle and run just fine after starting. He checked the fuel pressure and the computer for codes. Both were fine. Any ideas? I have tried good premium gas and a bottle of STP. :confused:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Another Michigander!!!! Where u from Mr. HEMI? :)

I'm assuming the basics have been checked such as ignition switch, ignition coil, battery, etc?

This sounds familiar to a problem someone else was having. I wish I remembered what the solution was. Have you tried doing a search?

Welcome to the forums!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I found that I can start it every time if I push the throttle to the floor.. crank for 5 seconds, let off the throttle while cranking... car starts right up.

I have no idea what might be the problem.......

Could be: IAC (Idle Air Control valve), dirty air passages, Weak fuel pump when cold (it has to warm up too, ya know), clogged fuel filter, bad Fuel Pressure regulator.......

list goes on......

I can start it now, so I just am not worrying about it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does sound like exactly the same thing that Lafrad is seeing. I tried a search but didn't come up with anything. It does start right up with the pedal to the floor, but I can't seem to get my remote car starter to do that for me.. Sounds like a common Intrepid issue, someone must have the cure. Just need to keep it running until the HEMI gets here! Of course I just finished paying it off, so it's bound to start falling apart on me now.

Warlord - I'm in SpringLake - Over on the west side!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
hey.. my remote car starter doesn't like that fact either!

heheh.,... so many coinincendces

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
HEMI_R/T said:

Warlord - I'm in SpringLake - Over on the west side!
Sweet! There's someone else on here from Spring Lake also. I think it's the dude with the Taurus SHO. I know exactly where that is since I'm originally from the Grand Rapids area myself (Dorr to be exact).

Damn I can't wait to get back to the west side.

West siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts