DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second car (besides my baby, 96 Corde) is a 92 Nissan Sentra.

Got a couple of questions, if anyone can answer.

What would cause breaks to wear out on one side and not the other? I replaced my front pads about 2 years ago, and as of last night, the drivers' side was down to nothing, while the passenger side still had about half a pad.

Secondly, the "door open" light is remaining on, as is my dome light (I off course turned off the dome light). Someone suggested to me that this could be a bad switch. Anyone know where this would be located? I checked the fuse box, and there is nothing related to that light inside the engine.

I just wish there was a site like this one for my Sentra...you guys rock!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
If one brake is wearing faster than the other, then the one not wearing is probably not working correctly. In the case of disc brakes, a stuck caliper comes to mind.

As far as the dome light switch, it could be in the door jamb or in the door (like the interpids are). Another place I've seen where GM likes to put them is at the end of the dash board near the door hinges.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Most likely stuck caliper pins/slides. Need to clean and lube them or replace them.

You just need to find the door switch somewhere in the door opening and check it out. Could just need adjusting or the wire could have come off the back of the switch and is grounding out on the frame somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...gonna check the door switches this weekend. It is nothing major...just annoying.

As for the brakes, they run like a champ now...I did both of the front ones, and made sure to grease the slide pins...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
there should be a push switch thing on all of the doors, u push it in, and it shuts up, u should be able to take this out with a cople of screws or maybe take a part of the dash apart and take it apart and reconnect it if it is grounded out on somthin or disconnect it, i did that with my intrepid, i have the doors open alot when cleaning i dont feel like listing to ding ding ding wile i'm trying to enjoy the music and clean my car.... the breaks i dont know anything to tell u that these guys havn't already.. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts