DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm in for this year. Still need to book my hotel and ****, but I'll get it done. Who's all leaving when? When is the big Junkyard trip in PA this year? I'm not booking till I know who's driving when, I'd like to be paired up with at least one other car. I'll more than likely be traveling with a friend of mine in my car as well.

5 weeks and counting to finish A LOT of mods. Dammit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have my reservation starting Thursday, so I was looking to head down in the morning, looks to be a little over 5 hours driving, so I should be there in the early afternoon. Where would you like to meet up?

And you are right, not much time left for the mods.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I could only tell you the pile of stuff I need to order, install and build.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
i plan on leaving for the junkyard at 8 from my house thursday. I would say for anyone driving in to meet at the yard at say 9AM?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
That would probably work for me.

I would make it a little later though. I plan on driving half way there on the 4th, finding a place cheap to spend the night, then meeting you guys at the yard thursday morning. How about making it 10AM? Eastern time of course...

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Damn id still love to go but not too sure about the funds, My car is also in no condition to be shown, I was hit overnight not too long ago and need a new front bumper and fender as well as some paint work. And as loud98 said Id have no one to go with as well.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of the cars there are daily drivers. I have some many little dings and stuff on my car, if I'm going to win anything its going to be with the interior.

--Gorm

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good on that end Bruce, I can meet you there around 10. I might get there early and take a nap in the parking lot. When I went in 2004 I took a 30 minute power nap at Hershey park when I got there and was good for the day.

So, who else is down for driving the overnight Wednesday Night? I have the RB1 this year, so screw the maps! Paging Scott...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm going down for Thursday morning. I was planning on leaving at 5:00 and gettign to the yard around noon. I could leave earlier though.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking of leaving of leaving RI somewhere around 2:30-3 am. When I left in '04 Scott and I left Seekonk MA at 2:00 am and got to breakfast before 8 if I'm not mistaken, just outside Hershey Park. Since I don't need to be to the yard till 9, maybe I'll get to leave later. Bruce, what's the addy on that yard so I can start calculating?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I got my GPS working os I'll be navigating there all high-tech like. The voice guidance still doesn't work, but it still beats a regular map. I jsut need to figure out how to put a map other than CT on it!

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
I was thinking of leaving of leaving RI somewhere around 2:30-3 am. When I left in '04 Scott and I left Seekonk MA at 2:00 am and got to breakfast before 8 if I'm not mistaken, just outside Hershey Park. Since I don't need to be to the yard till 9, maybe I'll get to leave later. Bruce, what's the addy on that yard so I can start calculating?
Here ya go Loud:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=+1010+Winters+Avenue&city=+West+Hazleton&state=pa&zipcode=

Lets see for me that is:

Total Est. Time: 15 hours, 51 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 1014.68 miles

OUCH

--Gorm

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SilverSpecial said:
I will be following scott, we will leave around 1-1:30 AM... We stop for food gas etc, usually arrive at 7AM That was the time we got to Bruce's last year
Are you guys planning on meeting Bruce at his house again this year? If so I'll shoot for that time as well.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If they leave Scott's place around 1:30, we'll be rolling by you around 3. I figure about an hour and a half+ from Scott's to about half-way through CT with no traffic.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts