DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently baught some NOS oil "booster", and I slammed some into my 2.7L 1999 Intrepid. I haven't noticed anything new, but my main concern is will it hurt my engine? Do you think I should use this stuff or no?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am currently trying to find a review or pictures of some type online so I can just show it. But this is oil treatment, which also claims a HP boost. It was on sale for $2.00 so I figured what the hell.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I'd be skeptical of any horsepower boost.

At the most, it probably lessens viscosity, which may free up at most 1hp due to less resistance, but even then I would be doubtful.

Most miracle additives are just a way for chemical manufacturers to increase revenue's.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I didn't think it would do anything. And so far I haven't noticed crap as far as performance. I am just hoping it doesn't do damage is all. And damn me, I can not find anything on this product, so now I am getting more scared LoL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Instead of buying that crap. I would change out the regular oil and run a synthetic like Redline oil. I run this in my race car and you can notice the difference. Engine is quieter and you do gain a few HP. Have seen the results on a dyno jet just from changing the oil to Redline. Also water wetter works awesome in the rad.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
There's now a TSB even against the oil additive originally recommended by DC. Besides that, I wouldn't waste my money on additives...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed through out this forum that people state not to even waste the money. I figured for $2.00 I could get a cool little bottle, with a NOS logo. I don't plan on using anything of that sort, because after looking around I know it's best to only use fuel treatment.

·
Registered
887 Posts
make your own homebrew octane booster ;o

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Knowing me, I'd make some sort of a bomb, and blow everything up. This actually raises another question I have been concerned about. Is there any type of limit Octain that would be maybe too damaging?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts