DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there is a NOS kit available for 2nd gen R/Ts. $1600 Canadian.

Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know NOS will probably kill your car, I was just leeting people know that it's available.

I found this NOS kit at a local tint shop that also sells performance accessories, he looked up the R/T in the computer and it didn't come up with much except for K&N and NOS.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
exactly, I have used NOS in the past, if done wrong (big boost shot, low rpm full shot hits, etc) it will kill your motor but if done right you can experience a nice power boost with very little problems.

the problem with NOS is that every idiot in the world is tempted by the low price, half-ass installs the kit, hits a 150HP shot at 1500 rpm and wonders why his tranny blew up

·
Registered
107 Posts
Considering the lack of any aftermarket performance parts for the R/T, looks like NOS would be one of the bigger boosts you can get?

I was holding out hope for some type of intercooled twin turbo setup in, like, 2 years when I could afford one (save them pennies!) However, it looks like from a practicality standpoint that nothing short of moving the engine to the trunk to get more room would allow for a turbo or supercharger setup.

Does this seem to be the general consensus?

I'm a car newbie so I wouldn't be doing any of the work myself. I'd take it to the dealer or some garage and say, "here, do this to it."

·
Registered
296 Posts
DO IT FAST... DO IT FURIOUS...

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The Fast and The Furious..sheehs...no comment...

You don't need two turbos on a V6 car. Take a look at the turbo buicks for example, single turbo on a V6 engine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I believe we need twin tubos because of the mechanics involved. I dont remember who, but someone posted about that there would be no room to do a single, and that it wouldnt work because of how our engine is set up... i dont remember details, but i remember him making sense. I dont know anything about turbos or superchargers, but it sounded right.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
One day I was over at my buddys place and the guy across the street is a mechanic, he wanted to install NOS on the car for a project to do, But I do not think it will do me any good, cause no matter if its progressive boost or anything I will use more of it that gas. :D :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah, install NOS and watch your Ultradrive tranny fly out from underneath your vehicle. I don't know if these tranny's can handle that type of power. NOS is cool but I am a supercharger dude for full time power and efficiency. Later guys!

MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
So, do you guys recommend NOS on your Trep or not? Would you do it if you had the means?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts