DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 1994 Plymouth Voyager with the 3.0 V-6. It blew a hole in a freeze plug and all the coolent came out and he blew a head gasket. We noticed the water in the radiator ,when the engine would crank over, the water would come gushing out. So we changed the head gaskets and now it won't start. We have spark and are getting fuel. but we are still getting water spewing out of the radiator. and sugestens? Thanks.

·
Registered
995 Posts
did ya check the compression in each cylinder, if the block is cracked you will get low compression, and either the compressed air entering the cooling system or oil. Did ya notice any puffs or air coming out of the Oil fill hole?? or dip stick tube??

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got it started. we had the dist. on the number 1 termanal. when we were suspos to have it at number 6. But we are still getting water in the oil so he is just going to get a new engine. Thanks everybdy.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You just changed the head gasket? Usually when the heads overheat they warp (damn aluminum!)....just changing the head gasket won't do it, it won't seat/seal right. You probably are going to have to replace the heads....or one of them....

·
Registered
98 Posts
cobra65 said:
You just changed the head gasket? Usually when the heads overheat they warp (damn aluminum!)....just changing the head gasket won't do it, it won't seat/seal right. You probably are going to have to replace the heads....or one of them....
That really depends on how long they drove it with a blown head gasket. I drove my New Yorker for 3 months with a blown gasket and my aluminum head still wasn't warped (2.2L Turbo)

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he drove it after it started to have problems. for two seconds befor it died.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts