DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my friend asked me today what I thought about the wal mart supertech synthetic oil. I answered his question with a laugh and then bashed the product for 15 minutes. When we got home I went to the computer to show him the quality (or lack thereof) of the walmart product when all of a sudden I had to do a double take. Several of the sites and information had pretty good results with the super tech oils. Now after searching for the past hour I have found a ton of mixed reviews for it. Of course I would much rather get an opinion from you guys on the subject. On a side not my girlfriends dad used supertech and sometimes havoline whatever was cheaper at walmart at the time, changed the oil every 3k and has over 500k on two ford contours 4cyl.....hmmm so whats your guys opinion? ps i know Mobil 1 FTW

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I ran the Super Tech fully synthetic in my Trep. From what I saw on the web (the actual MSDS) its distributed by Havoline. Maybe not the best oil out there, but if your not racing or anything, it should be good enough.

I'm talking about the synthetic btw, as far as the conventional, thats your call.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Royal Purple FTW

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use that super tech synthetic in all my cars (5 of them, 2 of them treps). So far I have not anything to complain about. I figure since it says "FULL SYNTHETIC" and has the latest version of service designation, how could one go wrong? I did hear it was made by havoline or quakerstate, but who knows. At least Walmart doesnt make it. Aint like they are refining it in the back somewhere (LOL). If you read the bottle, it says "distributed by Wal Mart", not made by them.

Now, one the subject of super tech's non synthetic oil, I wouldnt put that crap in my car for nothin. I used it once a long time ago and that oil is pretty dark in color. To me that means bad news.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts