DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about stuff I can swap from my moms 98 Caravan before she gets a new one. I noticed today the oil cap on hers has yellow writing which matches the Treps other fluid caps. Also the coolant cap has a nice shiny Aluminum top w/ a brass center and has a small Chrysler pentastar stamped on it. My original coolant cap seal fell apart and was replaced w/ some crumby metal cap years ago.
I may swap the EGR unit if it will fit since its only couple yrs old but I'll wait until the car is ready for trade in. The stealership is not going to give us anything for the Caravan anyway.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My trick for keeping things clean is to soak everything w/ a can of silicone in the fall. This helps keep the salt from ruining the metal and everything else. Come spring I wipe down w/ Armor All. I think the silicone helps keep the rubber and plastic pliable overtime.
A clean car is a happy car!!

EagleESI, I like your red valve cover breather collars. How do they thread on to the existing nipples?
Mine leak a little oil so I put a hose clamp on one of them but it looks dumb. Can you get those at Advance Auto or similar store?

-GB49

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Thats cool! I've got one of those caps laying around somewhere. I'll have to put it on. Here is an old pic of my 3.3:

It's still clean, but the paint I had used on the 3.3 logo washed off. I hate having a dirty engine!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Armor All is the Best!!!!

My lil ol 3.3 looked like hell when i got her. But over time. Time and Effort.
And that cap does match.....I may have to swipe one someday too. Chrome just dosnt look good underneath the hood though unless it adds loads of power!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts