DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6511 Intrepids sold in November vs. 12328 last year (-47%). YTD 102,243 this year vs. 135,286 last year (-24%).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by mlfca:
Those number will not help when it comes to the 04 LX :eek:
yep thats true, the style is getting old now. its time for the new version. too bad we are going to have to wait a while, they should have had it ready for release in september 2002. it will be an extra year of lost sales.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take some advice from both Toyota and Honda.

Every 5 years they do a complete redesign, but 3 years after the model is introduced they do minor fascia changes and colors and stuff.

For example, the '98 Accord was completely new. in '01 they changed the lights and grilles, but will redesign in '03.

Toyota's Camry was new for '97 but featured newer lights and trim for '00. it's all new for '02.

Chrysler can't go wrong by taking notes from the best-selling car in the US!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will say that, although they may LOOK the same, the build quality of my '02 is tenfold what it was in my '98.

Sure, there are a few things that annoy me, like the mismatched paint on the rear bumper and the marks on the black trim around the windows, but hey, I didn't buy a Chrysler because of their wonderful reputation. Chrysler has always excelled at design and I believe they make some of the most striking vehicles.

Hell, not everyone can make a minivan look sexy. hehe that's the new Town&Country Limited I'm referring to.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Originally posted by wht2002SE:
I will say that, although they may LOOK the same, the build quality of my '02 is tenfold what it was in my '98.
The 99 I have is tenfold the quality of my 98, though....

Gotta remember 98 was the first year of the generation, and they got to work the kinks out after that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You know what I can't understand is why you don't see any Intrepid only advertising on TV. In fact, I can't understand why you see the advertising that you do. For instance, there is a PT Cruiser only ad running now. Why? PT Cruiser's are supposedly still a hot commodity...why an ad for it. Seems to me they get plenty of advertisement just having them on the street.
There are so many positive attributes to the Intrepid when compared to Taurus, Impala, and even the imports. Have you seen any R/T ads? Have you seen any ads extoling the upgraded engine for the ES? Nope.
One possible explanation for this is pure profit. DC (and other manufacturers) make the most profit off trucks and mini-vans. Thus the most advertising. DC probably makes very little off each Intrepid sold when compared to all the rest.
I will admit...the Chrylser group has a nice ad that extols the good looks of almost their entire car line.
I don't know...I'm not the high paid ad manager for DC. Seems to me though a lot of people opt for Taurus' when if they'd know about the Intrepid, they may be surprised.
Just a bit of a rant here. :)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by rich00es:
You know what I can't understand is why you don't see any Intrepid only advertising on TV. In fact, I can't understand why you see the advertising that you do. For instance, there is a PT Cruiser only ad running now. Why? PT Cruiser's are supposedly still a hot commodity...why an ad for it. Seems to me they get plenty of advertisement just having them on the street.
There are so many positive attributes to the Intrepid when compared to Taurus, Impala, and even the imports. Have you seen any R/T ads? Have you seen any ads extoling the upgraded engine for the ES? Nope.
One possible explanation for this is pure profit. DC (and other manufacturers) make the most profit off trucks and mini-vans. Thus the most advertising. DC probably makes very little off each Intrepid sold when compared to all the rest.
I will admit...the Chrylser group has a nice ad that extols the good looks of almost their entire car line.
I don't know...I'm not the high paid ad manager for DC. Seems to me though a lot of people opt for Taurus' when if they'd know about the Intrepid, they may be surprised.
Just a bit of a rant here. :)
In 100% agreement. :)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich, you're absolutely correct. You'd think with returning to Nascar they'd show some heritage ads and push the R/T along with them but nothing. Makes you wonder.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thats some drop in sales EH!!. DC marketing guys had a meeting with our union last week and told them they will only be pushing the the 300 and Concorde ? Man thats dumb. We also are getting 2 more weeks off in Jan , 14 21 are layoff weeks. Things dont look good till 2004 , man that seems like a long time to go. :confused:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Yeah, I saw a Dodge commercial the other day that featured the Caravan, the Ram and the Stratus. No Intrepid to be seen...have they just given up on it? Because of this, I can almost guarantee the next generation will not be called Intrepid. It's like the name is a curse or something to Dodge. They act like it doesn't exist.

Hello??? Dodge????

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
990 Posts
I am sad to agree with you on that.. LET'S GO DODGE! I want my new RT next year.. & it better be an Intrepid not some funky name or something!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Large sedans do not sell like they used to, and tend to be bought by somewhat conservative types. The Intrepid styling is not anonymous enough for people like that.

Also, since Chrysler is no longer a North American company (and now poorly run on top of that), that has turned many off from buying one. May as well buy Japanese as Chrysler seems to be the idea.

The biggest problem for Dodge and Chrysler is general is they do not have a good reputation for long term quality and durability. Perceptions are more important than reality in this area. Bad reputations take longer to lose than it does to make a good reputation. The transmission and A/C problems in the early 90's Chryslers have soured many from buying another Chrysler product.

I have to say my 2000 R/T is light years ahead quality-wise of my last two Chryslers, an 84 Turismo and an 87 Sundance Turbo.

I plan on keeping the R/T past 100,000 miles, and if it craps out on me, there is a good chance it will be my last Chrysler as well. At 16,300 miles, so far, so good.

Of course, the new Neon SRT with the 2.4 liter turbo sounds interesting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts