DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Djpill.com

Looks like a pretty nice place to run 0 wire. I can't figure out where it is. Its on the drivers side of the engine...i know that much.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure I'm even using this garmet on my car. I think i'm using the same one the steering column is coming though. I have decited to upgrade to 0 gauge instead of buying an capacitor and i've never seen this spot before.

No troubles running the big wire through huh?

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah...I already have the otehr stuff down there. It was the only place to put it..lol. I don't see how anything but 8 would go under the trim panels.

--Gorm

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
A setup i am planning on is going to require 4 gauge to a 8 gauge distribution block... should i even bother trying to run the 4 gauge under the trim panels or start the distribution sooner or would that defeat the purpose? My current plan is 4 gauge to at least the back seat, and distro'd to 2 8 gauge wires. Sorry for the hijack!

Josiah

·
Registered
655 Posts
distribution blocks just add more resistance to the circuit...hate those things....but when u gotta use em...u gotta use em...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
JLWX5 said:
A setup i am planning on is going to require 4 gauge to a 8 gauge distribution block... should i even bother trying to run the 4 gauge under the trim panels or start the distribution sooner or would that defeat the purpose? My current plan is 4 gauge to at least the back seat, and distro'd to 2 8 gauge wires. Sorry for the hijack!

Josiah
all you have to do is pull up the carpet when the trim panels are off and push the wires down under the carpet... a lil more work... but it pays off

·
Registered
280 Posts
JLWX5 said:

Josiah
For best results you should run your 4g wire as close to the amp as you can get and then add your distro block.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Originally Posted by JLWX5

Josiah

Jimmy79 said:
For best results you should run your 4g wire as close to the amp as you can get and then add your distro block.
no not realy it also depends on how much power your planning on useing
if you plan on useing over 1000 watts i sugest using min 2 awg mabey even 1
now the reason why I say this, is because im running 2 760 amps I ran 2 awg to a cap(im using as a disto block then ran 4 awg to the amps.) now if you are running under 1000 that setup should be fine...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mr.Dodge said:
no not realy it also depends on how much power your planning on useing
if you plan on useing over 1000 watts i sugest using min 2 awg mabey even 1
now the reason why I say this, is because im running 2 760 amps I ran 2 awg to a cap(im using as a disto block then ran 4 awg to the amps.) now if you are running under 1000 that setup should be fine...
Um yes realy... He said his plan would require 4g to a distro block and (2) 8g out of the distro block and he wanted to know if he should put the distro block before he ran it under the panels (probably 10 feet from the amp) or if that would defeat the purpose and I suggested that for best results he should run the 4g to as close to the amp as he can get before using the distro block and reducing his wire size to 8g, He never asked what size wires he should use and I never suggested a wire size he should use... :wink:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
ithacakid14850 said:
hey josiah, do yourself a favor and go the extra ,ile and use zero gauge. It will save you some dimming issues in the future. Just my 2 cents.
That is exactly right... I cheaped up this time and used 4GA, now I have some dimming issues I never had before with the 0GA. But like they said, just remove the plastic panels and pull up the carpet to run your wires. You'll never know they're there. Although putting the plastic panels back on can be a *****... in fact, I still haven't put mine back on... I have until July lol.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Jimmy79 said:
Um yes realy... He said his plan would require 4g to a distro block and (2) 8g out of the distro block and he wanted to know if he should put the distro block before he ran it under the panels (probably 10 feet from the amp) or if that would defeat the purpose and I suggested that for best results he should run the 4g to as close to the amp as he can get before using the distro block and reducing his wire size to 8g, He never asked what size wires he should use and I never suggested a wire size he should use... :wink:
dude he asked for a good setup and 2 awg isnt that much bigger then 4..
and like I said befor depends on what type of power he is trying to push...
:banana:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts