DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Russ. I live in Windsor Ont just across the border from Detroit. I am 30 years old and a Truck Driver. I bought my 2000 Chrysler Intrepid R/T last year May/10 with about 125K. I bought the car while I was living in Toronto. The car had/has some problems when I got it. To start the driver side window would fall off the track because of some thieves that failed to steal the car they also keyed the passenger side door. I have fixed the window but the door remains keyed. The window Tint is bad on the drivers windows that I had replaced it was scratched down the middle and was starting to peel, the rear windshield is horrible (I have a pic). Other poblems were lights needing to be replaced in the dash and the domes Last issue with this car is the sterring I think the rack has a bad bearing in it but it will get fixed when I get the cash. Otherwise the drivetrain was well maintained and documented the woman who owned the car only drove about 5km to work everyday which is really good for Toronto. This car had only left the city 2 times (so said the previous owner who had the car for 5 years).

Here are some pics from when I went to the drag strip about a month after getting it. St.Thomas dragway Sparta Ont.

About 3 months later I was rearended while sitting at a stop light. The guy was driving a 1985 Chevy Pickup from Michigan so he tried at the last minute to go around and clipped my right rear corner.

Ironically the rental place gave me this while my car was in the shop. Awsome truck!!!!

Sadly one of my R/T wheels was damaged during the accident so I sold the 3 remaining good ones. The car was almost written off because of the damage to the inner panels but thankfully they fixed it. Now it runs straight without any problems.

As the car sits today a little dirty thanks to all the rain weve been getting.

My foggy headlights

My really bad rear tint.

So that my R/T right now. I will be doing some work on her in the next weeks/months so I will update as I go.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Starting your mod list for you:
- headlights (clean or replace)
- OTIS/EVIC

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Starting your mod list for you:
- headlights (clean or replace)
- OTIS/EVIC
^^I agree...

Nice car nonetheless, love the R/T trim...only wish they didn't remove so many non-performance options with it.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Love tinted tail lights. One of the first things I did, after replacing my fogged headlights. Looks good so far

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
IDK if I should do mine because my car is white, it would probably stand out very much.
And post pics when done futtz
some of the best tints are on white car take a look at (Intrep_ed) his tint + paint is fantastic i want to tint my tails because i love the back and white contrast

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont think Im going with the whole 300 interior. I might get the chrome door handles and switches but that would be it. Next is new tint and headlight restore. Im gonna do the headlights this week sometime since im on call for work the next 2 weeks I will have some time on my hands might look into tinting the tails. I wanna do something with the 3rd light bar. I dont know if I wanna black it out completly or tint it. Gonna look at my options.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So today I did a few things first I debadged the entire car except the 3.5 emblem on the truck.

I still need to finish up and didnt get any pics but I think it looks better now. The door emblems chrome was gone and the emblems were just that ugly plastic grey. The hood emblem was faded and practically fell off anyway. The tough one was the truck emblem each letter was like new and really on there.

Next I did the headlights. Very impressed the pics dont do it justice looks way better in person.

getting ready

Drivers headlight before

after

Passenger headlight before

after

Car is looking better every day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts