DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 1998 3.2 and the number three isn't firing. So I replace the coil, plug, injectior, checked the valves, and have a 180 pound of compression. I am so lost on what else it can be. The plug has spark. Any idea guys...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled the coil off, started it with other plug on the end of it and watch it spark, also swap around the coil with other cylinder just to be sure. I used a injector tester on all six and they are plusing like they should. The only thing left is the PCM but I don't think thats it cause it is sparking.

·
Registered
429 Posts
A bad enough vacuum leak on that particular cylinder will simulate a dead cylinder.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
A bad enough vacuum leak on that particular cylinder will simulate a dead cylinder.
BINGO
more than likely, the intake gasket is leaking, start the car, and spray something like liquid wrench around it,, ill lay $$ it clears up,, the fis is to replace the gasket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: brought the darn car to the shop, dude look to make sure my work that I did was done right. Ran and few more "test" and told me it was the computer. Sooo I went and got one and it did nothing!! Still the same problem. No codes as of now, but before it was p0303. Btw dude said it was the number three not firing just as I had thought as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: brought the darn car to the shop, dude look to make sure my work that I did was done right. Ran and few more "test" and told me it was the computer. Sooo I went and got one and it did nothing!! Still the same problem. No codes as of now, but before it was p0303. Btw dude said it was the number three not firing just as I had thought as well.
no. 3 injector may have pulse but may not be opening enough or opening to much...if that spark plug is wet then maybe sticking and putting way to much fuel in or to little fuel if plug is dry?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts