DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.... this was originally going to be a Jillians meet.... but the details have been changed slightly.

We will instead be doing our "2nd annual Softball Meet" vs. the Stratusphere. It will be held on Saturday July 26th in Cunningham Park Queens.

Here is the thread from last year's game. We upset and defeated Stratusphere last year in softball with our "veteran team" (err.... old team)... and they are VERY MOTIVATED on beating us this year. ;)

http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6284&highlight=nyc*+softball+meet

Anyways... those are the details. We will post details a week before on what park we will be meeting at exactly. For those of you that need to know how to get to cunningham park... its really easy. Cunningham runs between the Long Island Expressway and Grand Central Parkway... right around where the Clearview Expressway intersects both.

Stratusphere is talking about doing Jillians afterwards... but for now i'd rather keep this a Softball meet to avoid the confusion.

Put your name down here if you plan on attending. Playing softball is optional... last year we had a pretty good BBQ grill going with plenty of chow and cerveza. ;) Also... if you have buddys that can play softball... by all means bring them.

I may bring a friend or two to play. I gotta see.

Well anyways... put your name here.

1. DjPiLL

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT

From Stratusphere: The softball game will be at Cunningham Park in Queens. Show up at 11:00 AM and the game will start at 12:00 PM.

So far, our softball team is as follows:
Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
2nd Base
3rd Base
Shortstop
Right Field
Center Field
Left Field

Please put your name in a position if you are going to play!

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah and obviously... if we have five guys that want to play shortstop... we will improvise. So just be flexible. I could play other positions as well... but i just prefer 1st. ;)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT
3. Intrepidatious

So far, our softball team is as follows:
Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
2nd Base
3rd Base
Shortstop
Right Field - Intrepidatious (and beer swiller)
Center Field
Left Field

We shall sweep once again! (but this time, let's not use coolers as bases!)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intrepidatious said:
We shall sweep once again! (but this time, let's not use coolers as bases!)

Awwwww.... come on. Beer coolers as the bases was the best idea of the whole day. Made you get "more inspired" to get a hit. Once u got a hit... just run to first.. and baym.. access to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer (in my Homer Simpson voice). ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT
3. Intrepidatious
4. Sonic Dust187

Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
2nd Base
3rd Base
Shortstop
Right Field - Intrepidatious
Center Field
Left Field

·
Registered
527 Posts
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT
3. Intrepidatious
4. Sonic Dust187
5. LiqTenExp

Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
2nd Base
3rd Base
Shortstop
Center Field - LiqTenExp (where the keg is at)
Left Field

·
Registered
88 Posts
Count me in!
I suck in every position....hmmm!!!!......that didn't sound right!
Anyway I play any position you guys think I can do the least damage to our team! And of course to the the members of the opponent, since I almost killed someone last time!
I think she still plans on getting back at me, so I will just have to face the music like a man that I think I am! ;-)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT
3. Intrepidatious
4. Sonic Dust187
5. LiqTenExp
6. Frank-eGNY

Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
2nd Base - Frank-eGNY (???)
3rd Base
Shortstop
Left Field

Also.... please post if you have or can bring mitts.... balls.... bats... or even more important... BASES!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT
3. Intrepidatious
4. Sonic Dust187
5. LiqTenExp
6. Frank-eGNY
7. Mysteryman

Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
3rd Base
Shortstop
Left Field

I really stink at softball so i think ill pass, but if you guys are desperate ill try. Probably drive the new max over, but definaly going to do my best to make it, if it was anything like sunday's oh i just cant wait.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mysteryman said:
I really stink at softball so i think ill pass, but if you guys are desperate ill try. Probably drive the new max over, but definaly going to do my best to make it, if it was anything like sunday's oh i just cant wait.

I don't know if it will be "more fun" than sunday's... i would imagine it would be cause last year's softball game / BBQ was a blast. Plus this one will be a lot larger than Sunday's gathering.

Also... if you bring the Nissan... you definitely won't be the only one. Sonic Dust will be bringing his... and I may be inviting my friend to play softball, and he drives an old Stanza. ;)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT
3. Intrepidatious
4. Sonic Dust187
5. LiqTenExp
6. Frank-eGNY
7. Mysteryman
8. 95Intrepid33

Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
3rd Base
Shortstop
Left Field - 95Intrepid33

Woohoo, softball... haha this should be cool. I'll be there, left field for me lol

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet... the outfield is COMPLETE. This is starting to look good.

Now we just need an infield. ;)

Keep the names coming. Since Frank-eGNY is worried about "damaging the team"... hahaha he could always catch as well. ;) And since he already has experience with man/man collisions (er... man/woman i mean) ;) Maybe he would make a good catcher... you never know when you may have that play at the plate with someone crashing in on home. ;)

So we still need a shortstop, thirdbase, and either a 2ndbase/catcher.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i am coming to.. i want to play short stop..
1. DjPiLL
2. 2001RT
3. Intrepidatious
4. Sonic Dust187
5. LiqTenExp
6. Frank-eGNY
7. Mysteryman
8. 95Intrepid33
9. G intrep 3.5

Pitcher - 2001RT
Catcher
1st Base - DJPill
3rd Base
Shortstop - G intrep 3.5
Left Field - 95Intrepid33

if anything i can prob play third... but prefer to be short

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sonic Dust187 said:
I just got some news, and I may not be able to come. Dad and bro want to go camping.
Allrighty.... thats cool. If you can show thats fine. If not... we will forgive you. I assume G intrep 3.5 is showing regardless? Hehehehe

·
Registered
134 Posts
He is coming. If I will be able to come, can I possibly get a race or two with an r/t and one first gen 3.5 that is in excellent working order. I raced G Intrep 3.5 several times and the amount of destruction I put on him makes me think that his car is that really messed up. I will also be loosing some hp because I will run 2 step colder plugs by that time.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I wouldn't suggest racing me. I have about 200lbs of audio equipment in my car... along with an upgraded alternator that im sure drains even more HP... so im probably one of the slowest R/Ts on DI.net.

But Frank-eGNY has a bone stock 3.5 R/T.... and i think there is a new guy that just bought a 2001 R/T that may come as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If I am able to come, should I bring something or do something. I can't play baseball at all. I suck that much. I will also be at a disadvantage because the 2 step colder plugs will take away a lot of my power.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts