DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting an OBD 2 bluetooth sensor and the "torque" app for android and was wondering if anyone has done this yet on here. It looks like it would be a very helpful tool and it has very great reviews online and on the android marketplace. Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i did

i have the kiwi PLX Bluetooth one for android. it works great i recommend it over the cheapo e bays ones that drop signal quite often. PLX never drops signal and reads data out much faster i use it all the time for codes on my buddys cars or just regular statistics on mine its pretty sweet

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was looking into getting an OBD 2 bluetooth sensor and the "torque" app for android and was wondering if anyone has done this yet on here. It looks like it would be a very helpful tool and it has very great reviews online and on the android marketplace. Thanks.
I bought one of the 'cheapo' ELM327 models from a seller in NY and use it successfully with the Torque app. I can tell you without a doubt that it works, and works well. However, there are reports of units that are not reliable, so if you decide to go the inexpensive route, buy from a vendor that accepts returns.

All I can say is that mine works great. I've already picked up codes on a SAAB, Ford, Mercedes and of course, Intrepid. It's always a good idea to know what's going on under the hood.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm using an Ecoroute HD with my Garmin 3790.........works really well, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I picked this up when I was having intrepid troubles a few months ago.. it's fantastic. Clearing codes the non-reocurring CEL like a boss for anything 1996+ is pretty handy. The Torque app runs fantastic on my samsung galaxy s2 LTE (aka ATT skyrocket). When I picked up my 300m I had issues with dash lights and would just run a big speedo gauge on the phone to prevent any tickets until I got it looked after. All in all great value in the $40 or so I paid all together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts