DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
They all come from China, you just picked a seller from the states. They are known to have a high DOA rate, I'm sure the seller will send you a new one no problem.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok im an idiot i just took the bottom off my laptop and found that i dont have a Bluetooth card installed in it lol.

I thought it already did.

Anybody got one that will work in a Dell Studio 1737 they want to sell cheap?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I got the reader in the mail last week. It took a bit of fiddling around but I got it to work via Bluetooth on my laptop. Sadly, it doesn't work with my iPhone but that wasn't a huge shock. When I get a few spare bucks I'll pick up a used Android phone and install Torque on it and use that as my scanner. It's too cold and too awkward to be driving around with a laptop on my knee so I'm put the unit aside for now.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got the reader in the mail last week. It took a bit of fiddling around but I got it to work via Bluetooth on my laptop. Sadly, it doesn't work with my iPhone but that wasn't a huge shock. When I get a few spare bucks I'll pick up a used Android phone and install Torque on it and use that as my scanner. It's too cold and too awkward to be driving around with a laptop on my knee so I'm put the unit aside for now.

What software are you using for your laptop?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
It's a software that came with the reader, I don't remember the name off the top of my head. It's not the easiest of software's to understand so I'm going to look at picking up an android phone to have Torque on it. I used the reader on a '08 Chevy Express Van and it worked pretty good. It read and cleared the code. However, it wouldn't pick up the airbag light that was on.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts