DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an OBD II to USB connector for my laptop. Only thing is the software they included is either demo stuff or flat out just doesn't work. I guess it's a lesson learned in buying on ebay. Most of the software I've searched out on the internet that's free doesn't do much either, and the paid software is more expensive than I want to spend. So my question to the forum is does anyone have the software to install on a PC so that I can connect all my OBD II vehicles to the laptop and read codes, monitor whatever sensors there are and so on? I'm looking for either free like in shareware or low cost. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mike, I had located the sites recommended by tunertools, and tried all the ones they have available for download. They are all demo or limited function as well. I guess the only solution is to buy a software package. I priced the ones you suggested and I'm going to keep shopping since I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm assuming the chip is in the ELM interface module, but I have no idea. This is what I got in the package. The disc has like 5 different programs, like I said they are all either demo's or so limited in function, but they list the website from which they originated, and they want paid for the software and or license. I guess i should have heeded the wisdom of you can't get something for nothing!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
i want one of those too! let me know if you find some good software that you would recomend!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i want one of those too! let me know if you find some good software that you would recomend!
Will do. the cable I got off of ebay, the sellers name was gogotopdigi, it was like 8.99 plus shipping.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i got the OBD 2 reader for android it works with tourqe app it works great with the kiwi plx bluetooth OBD 2 connector and my phone its pretty sweet. im not sure how to help you but it might help others wanting to do this

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well, I'm assuming the chip is in the ELM interface module, but I have no idea. This is what I got in the package. The disc has like 5 different programs, like I said they are all either demo's or so limited in function, but they list the website from which they originated, and they want paid for the software and or license. I guess i should have heeded the wisdom of you can't get something for nothing!

I bought the exact same one last year and had the same problem as you. I have 3 programs that I use and your more then welcome to use them, along with anyone else who needs 'em or buys an ELM. Two of programs might be the same as the ones you received with the ELM on the CD. The one I use most, is called "Scan Master ELM 2.1" and it works great and has live steam data readouts as well.

Drop me a PM if your interested!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate all the input, I bought a software package for the laptop that does everything, and i can use it program my split second controller as well, it's from palmer performance engineering, its awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts