DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please let us know if you will be in attendance for the 2007 West Coast Meet. This is a rescheduled meet, so I hope a lot of you can make it!!

I personally will most likely take a 1/2 day off Friday and all of the following Monday off if needed. So let's have fun -k!!!

Agenda:

Friday night: Those in the area can hang out, have dinner, go bowling, or whatever we end up doing

Saturday: Meet up around 9 or 10, we can then start the meet at all the places we have planned (SF, Berkeley, Sasalito, the beach, and more). We'll then see whats up for dinner time

Sunday: We'll see who is still in the area and who wants to do anything, I'm game either way :D

I just bought a new shade umbrella and I have my Costco coupons ready to go for soda's, drinks, snacks, etc. So we'll be set for the couple days.

Helen +1 attending (possibly 2 more now, total 4) :)
Charles +1 attending
Justine + 1 attending
Travis + 3 attending
Lee in the PM

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They just changed a hotel within 5 minutes of my house to Holiday Inn. I would recommend the place Charles is going to as its a good price around that area. Belmont is close to SF and convenient for those attending the meet. The Fremont rate is $109+ which is closer to my place, but not worth it.

Otherwise there is the Crown Plaza in Union City for $99 which is 5 minutes north of my place. crown plaza info here

Those are the only nice places I know. If you want a Motel type place, I can check rates but your looking at about the same price.

Check these out and let me know if you need more options.

·
Registered
245 Posts
all sounds great!

Justine +not sure how many yet. :smile-l:

·
Registered
575 Posts
You know a few years back I used to go to the giants game all the time, I would hit up i believe it was priceline.com, its the one where you name your price and they say yay or nay....I would offer 4 star hotels 75$ for the night and they would accept every time! And these hotels were pimpass hot tub, wet bar having party plazas! Give it a shot! You all should go down to pier 39, thats always fun too :) Wish i could be there, but i wont have a trep anymore :(

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
I'm not going to the meet but I will agree priceline.com is one of the best sites. I would have to say to use that on all your hotel stays lol.

Have fun. I cant wait to see Helens car.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Travis are you making it?

I'll be at Costco this week and I want to pick up drinks while my membership coupon is still good

·
Registered
245 Posts
Anyone else decide where they are staying? Im looking now but not sure where I should stay.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm also debating on inviting my friend who is a professional photographer. Anyone interested in having them there to do the photo shots.

Oooh Ooooh I just got a killer idea for where to eat for dinner and it has a cool photo op

·
Registered
245 Posts
redhot said:
I'm also debating on inviting my friend who is a professional photographer. Anyone interested in having them there to do the photo shots.

Oooh Ooooh I just got a killer idea for where to eat for dinner and it has a cool photo op
Whats the killer idea Helen?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
yes i am going plus 3 i plan on staying at the same place charles is staying at. i have my credit card put to the side for the room now i just need money for gas and extra stuff

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
steenies_trep said:
Whats the killer idea Helen?
There's a Cheescake Factory in Palo Alto in which we drive slowly through a nice part of town all in a row looking sweet!! Then we pull into the parking garage and line the cars up just right and there's a photo op with food, drinks, and pics!! It would be sweet to drive through there as it's considered an "uppity up" town. LOL

·
Registered
245 Posts
redhot said:
There's a Cheescake Factory in Palo Alto in which we drive slowly through a nice part of town all in a row looking sweet!! Then we pull into the parking garage and line the cars up just right and there's a photo op with food, drinks, and pics!! It would be sweet to drive through there as it's considered an "uppity up" town. LOL
Sounds cool. So in Belmont, that a decent place to get a room? Would it be in the general area or decent driving distance of where the meet will be?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
redhot said:
mmmmm cheese cake... o yea sounds really cool.. how hard would it be to get a pic of the intrepid infront of alcatraz island?

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
steenies_trep said:
Sounds cool. So in Belmont, that a decent place to get a room? Would it be in the general area or decent driving distance of where the meet will be?
That would be the best for everyone as Lee and I can just cut accross the bridge and be there. I would stay there if I could, but I have my place about 15-20 minutes away. It's better to meet there as we can head to many places from there. Plus it's close to the Cheesecake Factory.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mr.Dodge said:
mmmmm cheese cake... o yea sounds really cool.. how hard would it be to get a pic of the intrepid infront of alcatraz island?
Well you have to take a boat ride there so it would be really a background image. Unless Lee knows a photo spot that gets you closer.

Lee?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
steenies_trep said:

sounds like we need a name of the hotel and a price and like helen sai dit wouldnt be a bad idea to stay at the same spot

1 - 20 of 155 Posts