DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a busy boy today. Finished off my TB mods - it now measures 69mm and that butterfly value opens 90 degrees, removed the resonator and installed my K&N filter. :D

While I'm gathering the parts for my L Intake, I trying to figure out how to get more cold air into the OEM airbox.

So my question to the group is what have other done? I'd be interested in comparing the ideas.

Thanks in advance

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: Rick W ]

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have about 18 1/2" hole drilled into the front of my box. I know a few others put 2 HUGE holes in the front. Not sure if one or the other is better, or if it even made a difference at all. I think I remember it giving me a little better throttle response.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I figured as much. I got a bit restless this morning and drilled 14 1/2" holes in the front of the airbox. We'll see if it makes a difference.

Rulled out the bottom or back of the airbox as it looked like it might let too much water in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Vinny,I have a link Randy sent me once(it shows a 300M-he did a bunch of mods including the TB mod-others are a cold-air intake and a functional hood-scoop) here it is300N
It's actually pretty sweet and the TB mod doesn't look too hard(although I'd have trouble finding the balls to go grinding away at mine)maybe someday...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vinny.......I did it just like the 300M instructions and it went easy. I'm glad I hada buddy at a local garage take the TB off though. You couldn't pay me enough to contort for that long. It's way back there.

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Rick W ]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh......It's pretty open down there. I hate to get spray off the front wheel (it is vented) shooting into the airbox.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Rickw - it rains a whole bunch here and I've seen no evidence of water in the bottom of the box. Never wet or any dried water marks .........yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts