DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OEM Cassette/CD Head Unit in my '98 ES will not play CD/R's created on my PC. They play in head units in other vehicles. Is this an issue with the Dodge unit? Is this issue resolved in recent years? I'm considering a new system so I can play CD/R's. :confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have no problems in my 2000 with the cd/cassette..I have used gold, blue and silver backs, work like a charm

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hmm, only one of my buddys cds do not work in the car, a message comes up on the deck that says error. but I have no problem with my cds.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. It only plays CD-r when it feels like it. Sometimes it will play right away and MOST of the time it will take forever to cue up the first track. And thats with the same CD.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2000 Infinity 4 disc changer will not play Imation brand CD-R's recorded above 1x speed. Other brands work fine recorded at 8x speed. So check the brand and try recording at 1x until the spindle runs out. Then switch brands.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
why would burn speed matter? If the disc was successfully burnt (no under-runs) then it should play fine no matter how it was recorded

I have found that the only media I have trouble with is Memorex, I am currently using unlabled compusa house brand and I have made very little coasters, on the memorex I was making 1 coaster per dozen

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i've had NO problems with burned CD's in my changer, and i'm burning them @ 12x

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
I burn at 16x with no problems in my 99, but in my 98, no matter what speed I burned, it didn't play well.

Remember, in 97 and 98 when these cars were made, cd-burning was just beginning to get big, so players were not being designed to specifically be able to play burned cd's. There are a lot of older CD players that have a hard time with burned CD's.

Most CD players 98 and above are tested to play burned CD's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a clarification tp my post above:
I can burn an Imation CDR at 8x and it will play in other machines. Just not in the Intrepid for some reason. I tried 4x, 2x as well. Same result. Only 1x allowed Imation brand CDR's to play properly. Other brands play fine after max burn speed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 98 when it was new would play the crappy blue and green cds, but it quit playing those with time.. I just need to clean it really good. Golds and silvers work like a cham though. I guess all 98's didn't have problems because mine was one of the first ones made in the 2nd gen and I've played all types at one time or another

·
Registered
558 Posts
I use Verbatim DataLife Plus. They work at all burning speeds. Since I changed my software, the CDs are changing over to the next CD. No problems here.

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts